Chapter 2 The Beginning

I first learned I was different when I was a little kid, maybe around four or five years old. It was the last day of first grade and just before we were let out for summer break. My mother was showing me a picture book. It was a hardback with a red and yellow striped spine, the book itself was plain red with big yellow letters for the title that said "World's Monuments", it was heavy but it wasn't very sizable.

 It was a hardback with a red and yellow striped spine, the book itself was plain red with big yellow letters for the title that said "World's Monuments", it was heavy but it wasn't very sizable

It basically showed different pictures of monuments around the world. In one picture there was what looked like a pond of water. It had sent a lot of different streams of colorful water in all different directions in the air. It was night time so you could see all of the different colors. It looked like nothing I'd ever seen before in my life.

"Wow, that place looks so colorful and pretty Mama! Can we go there?!" I asked very excitedly, jumping up and down in my mother's lap

My mother just chuckled at my actions. She ran her finger through my hair while she said, "It does look pretty and colorful doesn't it? Maybe one day in the future we can go, sweetie. We can't right now because it is very far away from where we live."

I looked at her, and nodded my head. "What's it called and where is it Mama?"

My mother had stopped running her fingers through my hair and looked back at the picture book. She said, "Well it says here that it's called Ambrosia Fountain, it is in a city called Abrain. That is in a faraway country called Ambrosia."

I remember being so fascinated with all of it and thinking in my head, 'Wow, I would really love to see that place in real life.'

The next thing I knew everything was fading away. I had closed my eyes because I was scared. When I opened my eyes again I saw that I was exactly where my mother just showed me in the picture book. It was the same pond I saw with the colorful streams of dancing water.

At first, it was turned off and it was dark. But then some lights started to turn on in the structure. The next thing I knew the water turned on and danced. It was very beautiful, it was lit up and very colorful just like in the picture book my mother showed me. I started to look around and got scared again because I didn't see my mother; so I cried really loud, "MAMA WHERE ARE YOU?! I'M SCARED!"