Chapter 9 Instantly

It has been 10 years since we found Cassadie and she officially became part of the family. We both have been practicing our newfound powers a lot. Of course, there were mistakes (like me bringing both of us somewhere in my sleep. She now has the same picture of my family and I in front of the house (now including her) always with her now just in case. Another time she made the playground swing chains shake but we made it to where we said it was the wind) but nothing we can't fix together.

We are both 15 years old now (I am older than her by a couple of months). It is January 18th and we are five months into our first year of high school as Freshmen. Right now I am getting ready in our school uniform which wasn't the worst either. It was a white button-down shirt with a loose red bow around my neck, a black box pleat with two white strips on the bottom, black socks (either knee or ankle high) and the shoes are black flat ballerina shoe style which featured a rounded-toe and distinctive strap across the top. On snowy days I wear a red and beige checkerboard scarf with tassels at the end of it and a dark blue blazer that goes over it.

 On snowy days I wear a red and beige checkerboard scarf with tassels at the end of it and a dark blue blazer that goes over it

I left my hair down and put two small red bows on both sides of my head just below my cat ears. I decided to do what my father said and told everyone it was just a headband and to not pull them ever. Surprisingly everyone agreed and no one ever did (I mean I've had a few bullies that would attempt to pull my ears but Cassadie was always there to help me out and scare them off). Right now we are halfway into the school year and I hear we are getting a new student in our class today.

I walked out of the door of my room and went to the living room, sat on the couch, and watched TV while I waited for my sister. Not long after Cassadie shows up. She has the same outfit as me but her hair was up. She walked up to me and smiled. I smiled back at her and we headed to the door, grabbed our backpacks, and put on our shoes. Before we left the door my parents came up to us. My mother gave us kisses on our cheeks and my father just walked up to us with smiles and ruffled our hair.

They both gave us a hug and my mother said, "Have a good day at school girls."

I saw my father nod and say, "Yes, and as always look out and protect each other."

We both nodded my head and I said, "Of course papa!"

We both gave them a kiss on the cheek, headed out the door, and started walking to our school. It was about a five-minute walk.

Our school had a white wall going around the whole school. In the middle was the entrance. It had two black iron gates (they opened at the beginning of school, and stayed closed until the end of the school day when they opened again) the same height as the white wall. On the left side of the gate was a small black plaque that said our school's name in golden letters "Crystal Lake Academy" クリスタル レイク アカデミー. Walking inside there was a clear brick path that led all the way to the entrance of the school where several green rectangular shrubs stood on the side of the building. The building itself was a two sided, three-story building that had multiple windows and a huge white analog clock facing outwards to the world. Behind that was a four-story building. On both sides of the path were four huge oak trees (two on each side). Right beside the first two trees was a single tall street lamp.