Chapter 17 Graduation Day

Well, today is May 28... is the big day...Graduation! I am both excited and sad about it. Excited because obviously Cassadie, Cersie and I are all finally graduating. We have been talking about this day for months. I am also sad because Kylie isn't here with me. We both (along with Cassadie) were very excited. I honestly planned on kissing her when we threw our graduation caps in the air as if saying we are ready for the world together. I know it's cheesy right? I just hope wherever she is that she is happy... even without me by her side. Also I hope that she knows that she is always on my mind, I miss and love her very much.

Our graduation event is happening on our football field a few hours after we leave. Because I am the student body president I know that they are going to set up a stage, microphone stand, a number of chairs (about 10 for the principal, vice-principal, other important people in the school board, the valedictorian ect.) and a projection screen. Across the stage will be around 300 chairs for the graduating class. All of our families are going to be sitting in the bleachers.

Right now Cassadie Cersie and I are currently walking home. I can't help but smile and laugh with them as we all talk about graduating. Every now and again though I can't help but grab my star charm with a sad smile as a tear rolls down my left cheek. I thought to myself, 'I wish you were here with us baby. We should all be getting ready to graduate together like we always talked about. I love and miss you so much.'

As I was lost in my thoughts thinking about Kylie I felt a hand intertwined with mine. I looked down and gave a small smile. I followed it up to see Cassadie with a sad smile on her face. Even without me doing or telling her anything she knows what I am thinking about.

She gives me a sad smile and says, "I know you miss her. I do too. I also wish she was here to graduate with us like we always talked about."

She gave me another smile and said, "Good because I refuse for you to be sad on our graduation day. It just won't be right. All the pictures will be sad and it's supposed to be only happy memories today."

I wiped the stray tear coming down my left cheek and gave her a huge smile back and said, "Yes you are right. I will make sure not to make the pictures sad ones."

We both looked at Cersie and she looked at both of us confused. I gave a smile and said, "I'm ok. Just a memory of my girl..." I swallowed hard. I thought to myself, 'Calling you this will never be easy. I just wish I didn't have to my love.' A tear ran down my left cheek again. I wiped it away slowly. I looked back at Cersie and said, "... my ex-girlfriend came to mind and it made me sad. We were supposed to graduate together but she moved away last year and it's just hitting a little harder than I was expecting it too."

She nodded her head in understanding.

I shook my head with a smile with tears in my eyes and said, "Anyways like Cassadie said today is supposed to be a happy day so that's what we are going to have!"

****

We all decided to meet up at 7 p.m. since it started at 8 p.m. When we finally made it home I had some hours to relax and think. Around 5 p.m. I took a shower and prepared everything for tonight. I put on the dress I found the day we all went to the mall. I paired it with black and white checkerboard uppers with sunflower 🌻 prints, dual hook-and-loop yellow laces with yellow ankle socks. I decided to leave my hair down and curled it a bit but on the right side at the end of it I put in a yellow bow that had small sunflowers printed all over it

 I decided to leave my hair down and curled it a bit but on the right side at the end of it I put in a yellow bow that had small sunflowers printed all over it