Chapter 7 Found out by new friend

It had been a couple of weeks since the doctor's visit. My parents and I remembered the doctor's words and took them to heart. I have been practicing like he said but nothing too much for me to handle.

Right now we are going to the park. I am wearing a red shirt that has Mickey Mouse on it with light blue shorts and matching red shoes. To hide my cat ears I am wearing a red hat with Mickey Mouse ears coming out from on top of it, they have an opening and my ears fit perfectly inside them. We decided to walk there since it is only a five-minute walk from our house.

As we were walking I could see the park coming closer and I was getting excited. I heard my parents chuckle. I looked up at them and I saw my father jester his head to the park saying 'Go ahead and we'll be right behind you.' I smiled at them really big and ran inside.

I went straight to the swings. I stopped in my tracks when I saw a girl, around my age, sitting alone on the swings. She had her head down but from what I could see she had light pink hair.

I walked up to her. I looked at her with curious eyes. I was waiting for her to look up to me but she never did. So I decided to say, "Hi there. My name is Elsie. What's yours?"

I think I may have scared her because she flinched when I spoke. When she finally looked up I saw that she had golden eyes. When she spoke it seemed like she hadn't spoken in a few days because it came out strained and almost like a whisper. She said, "Hi. My name is Cassadie."

With my feet still flat on the ground I bent my knees and became eye level with her. I then asked, "What are you doing all alone?"

I saw her shrug her shoulders. She looked down again. I saw a tear fall down to the ground as she said, "I think I was a bad girl because everyone left me alone... Even my own parents. I don't have them anymore or any friends."

I looked down sad and said, "Oh."

I saw her look away sad and with tears in her eyes. I stuck my hand in her face. She looked up and followed my arm and I had a big smile on my face. I told her, "I will be your first friend then. I promise I will never leave you. Also if you don't have parents you can share mine. They are really nice and they love me lots. I'm sure they would love you lots too!"

She looked at me with big eyes and asked, "Are you sure?"

I stood straight up and grabbed her hand with a big smile. I said, "Of course I'm sure. Let's go to them now and ask them together!"

I then pulled her from the swing and we ran to my mother and father.

When we stopped in front of them they looked at us both confused.

I heard a chuckle and knew that it came from my father. He then asked, "Hey there sweetheart. Who is your friend here?"

I looked at her with a smile then back at my parents with the same smile. I said, "Mama, papa, this is Cassadie. I was wondering if she could live with us and she could be my sister!"

When I said that they all (including Cassadie) looked at me shocked and a little confused. My mother bent down, put a hand on my shoulder, and said, "Now sweetie it's not that easy. We have to talk to her parents and see how her living situation is."

I then looked at her confused and said, "But Cassadie said she doesn't have any parents."

Both my parents looked at her with sad eyes and said, "Is that true Cassadie?"

She just looked down and nodded her head.

I then saw my mother wrap his arms around her. I looked back at Cassadie and she was looking at my father with tears running down her. She then asked, "What's happening?"

My mother chuckled and said, "What is happening is we're going to go home and you're coming with us and we're going to have dinner. Tomorrow please tell us what happened to you and why you are alone. Okay?"