three

Way Older Than You.

You better not let me go

And if you want me for your own

Then I'mma say it like oh

Don't... let..

Don't let this feelin' fade

I said

Don't... let...

Don't let this feelin' fade away

Awakened by my call ringtone, I turned to my right side and reached fo my phone. Without seeing who it was, I answered it. In a couple of seconds, Willie's face popped on the screen, he had a smile on his face.

"Hey beautiful."

I smiled and yawned, "I look like a mess right now," I laughed, "Thanks for still thinkin' I'm beautiful."

He laughed, "You will always look beautiful."

I smiled and I felt my cheeks heat up, "How's your mornin' been?"

"Pretty good! I got to see my children, and now I'ma go back to the hood to see the homies."

"Never forget where you came from," I commented.

"Exactly."

"Well," I sighed, "I gotta get ready to work."

"Aw damn. Call me when you get off work, aight?"

"I will. Bye! Miss you!"

"I miss you too," He smiled and hung up.

I groaned as I got up so I could start my daily ruitine. It took me about half an hour to get ready. Once I was done, I drove to Subway and surprisingly, I arrived quite early.

"Look who's here in time!" Jake's smartass said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I said paying him no mind.

"Oh, by the way, we have a new head and I'ma have Alicia guide him instead," He smirked.

"... Ok?" I said, not caring at all. I could tell he got annoyed since his goal was to make me mad. He eventually walked off, muttering shit about me.

I went to the bathroom real quick and when I came back, a dude was nervously standing behind the cash register. He was lightskin and had a really dope afro.

"Hey are you Alicia?" He asked worried.

"Nah. I'm Dana. I don't think she's even here, she ain't even been here all week."

"Really? That Jake guy told me she was goin' to help me on my first day!"

"I don't even know why he said that, she hasn't even been here."

"Dammit," He groaned, "can you help me?"

"Me?" I narrowed my eyebrows.

"Nah, the lettuce," He said grabbing a handfull of lettuce.

I raised an eyebrow, "Real funny. I didn't get your name, by the way."

"Oh, I'm Jordan," He smiled.

My heart stopped, all the memories flashed by in a second.

"Let me finish, baby. I'm just sayin' if I die today, always remember I love you and Jayceon, aight? I will always look down at you and protect you from above, you got it?"

...

"I love you and Jayceon aight? I'll protect y'all somehow..."

He died because of you, Dana!

"Dana! Dana!" He yelled in my face. I came back to reality and looked at Jordan who had a worried look on his face, "Are you okay? It looked like you saw your life flash upon your eyes!"

I did.

"Oh, it's- it's- your name. It reminded me of my dead... Dog. That was his name."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Dana."

"It's not your fault your name is Jordan," I chuckled, "Anyway, I'll help you today."

"Really? Thanks!"

"No problem. We just gotta wait for the clients now..."

"Duh!" He laughed and I rolled my eyes, "Hey about that Alicia girl..."

"Yeah? What about her?"

"Well... Is she fine?" He asked quite desperate.

"Boy, she's 19. How old are you even?"

"I just turned 22 thank you very much," He sassed and I laughed. It's gonna be a challenge work with him.

We served many customers before our lunch break. As I made my Sub for lunch, I was lowkey missing Willie. He would've probably taken me out to eat or at least come here to see how I was. I pulled out the iPhone he let me keep and texted him.

Me: Hey Willie im at my lunch break. Just txtin to see whats up

"Whoa! You got the iPhone 6!?" I looked up in front of me and Jordan was staring amazed at the phone.

"Oh the phone? It's my boyfriend's," Wait hold up, did I say-

"Whoa... You cuffed?"

"Huh? Oh, nah! I meant boyfriend as in guy friend, haha."

"Oh really? 'Cause I would like to take you out," He smiled.

I raised an eyebrow, "Weren't you just thirstyin' over Alicia earlier today?"

"Well... Yeah! But I don't even know her. And as I got to know you today, I thought you were fun and sexy," He said then winked at the end.

I scrunched up my face, "Ummm... Boy, I'm 36," I lied.

"You can't be 36!"

"Yeah I can, Jordan."

"I'd still take you out," He shrugged.

"Look, you're a cool guy from what I've seen so far, but the thing is... There's this guy who I kinda like and I feel like he feels the same way and I don't wanna go out with anybody unless I find out he don't feel the same way."

"Oooh lil mama in love," He cooed.

I chuckled, "I'm not in love, I just kinda like him. He's out of town right now, though."

"Oh aight. When can I meet ya' lil boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes, "I think he comes back this Friday."

"Oh co-," As soon as I felt the phone vibrate, I blocked out what Jordan had to say and checked the message.

Willie: hey ma, jus got done hangin wit the homies ima fly out to florida tomorrow. Sorry i aint been wit u rn, i wouldve took u out, ill make it up 4 u when i get back

"Who you textin'," Jordan nosy ass asked as he stood behind me.

"Nobody," I said covering up the phone.

"Wait, is Willie ya' boyfriend?"

"No. He's only the guy I like."

"I see," Although I could not see him since he was standin' behind me, I could tell he was smirking just by the tone of his voice.

"Well," He said nonchantaly, "I'ma get back to work. You should, too, just in case Jake comes bitchin'."

He had a point, "I'll be there in a second."

I quickly answered Willie's text before heading back to work. When I was behind the counter, Jordan was smirking at me, I just rolled my eyes.