thirteen

A Week Later.

After a week, I was done packing up the stuff in my apartment. Today, Sunday, Willie and I were moving my stuff to his house. I usually never get exhausted this easily, but nownI was dying of tiredness. And for this reason, Willie and I are taking a small break while gets us something to eat.

"Knock knock," I was expecting it to be Willie, but the female voice who said it made it hard to believe. I looked at the front door, which I left open. Alicia was leaning against the door frame with a smile on her face.

I stood up and walked up to her, "What's up, girl."

"Nothin' much. I see you're movin', huh?"

"Yeah," I chuckled, "To Willie's."

"Benefits of havin' a rich man," She laughed.

"Girl... You know I don't want him for money."

"I know I know I know," She sang, "You absolutely looove Willie."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "So why are you here?"

"Oh yeah... Ummm..." She closed my door and sighed, "Well... You know Jordan, right?"

"Yeah... What happened to him?"

"More like... What happened to us..." My eyes widened, but I let her continue, "So... The day after we had our cookout in Mexico... We started talking... Then we hung out a few times this past week... And one of those times we actually... Had sex."

"Sex!?" I exclaimed.

Her head hung low, "Yeah... And recently we hung out again... And we realized we didn't use... You know... A condom... So there's a posibility I might be... Pregnant..."

I shook my head and face palmed my face. I looked at her again, "What about Manuel?"

"... He doesn't know all this happened..."

"Alicia! How can you be so stupid!"

"I don't know! I don't know!" She cried, "A- And Jordan said he was gonna be there f- for the baby... But what if he's not!?"

"Well, you betta hope his ass is! And if you were mature enough to fuck the man, you betta be mature enough to take care of the baby!" I yelled. I have no idea why this makes me so mad. Suddenly, I started to feel dizzy. Then something started burning my throat. I ran to the bathroom, with Alicia behind me screaming my name. I went to the toilet and spat out everything that was bothering my stomach.

"Oh God!" I groaned when I was done. I dropped to the floor and moaned.

"What happened here!" Willie yelled. We both looked up at him and he had a worried look on his face.

"N- Nothin' babe... I- I'm fine..." I said l, struggling to get up.

"Uh, no you ain't," He said. He walked past Alicia and helped me up. He pulled me in a hug, but I quickly flinched back, "W- What? What hurts you?"

"It's nothin'... Nothin... Just my chest..."

He narrowed his eyebrows and led my to the couch so I could lie down. He could've sent me to my room, but we had already sold my bed. When I lied down, he kneeled down next to my face and started to stroke my cheek.

"I'ma move the rest... You go to sleep."

He kissed my forehead, and I heard him take some stuff before he left. Then I heard other footsteps.

"Sorry for the scare, Dana..." It was Alicia. The footsteps kept going, until I heard them stop next to me, "Get better," She said and kissed my cheek. After a couple of seconds, I heard her leave the house. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep.

-

"Baby, baby, heyyy babyyy," I heard someone sing. I opened my eyes slowly and I saw that the whole apartment was empty now, then I saw Willie.

"Hey baby," I said yawning. I sat up on the couch and stretched.

"How you feelin'?"

"A bit better... I'm still feeling a lil nauseous..."

"That's weird... I ain't no doctor, but you probably got the flu or somethin'... What If I take you tomorrow?"

"No it's fine... It's probably because I been packin' up and all that lately... I think I'm just tired..."

"If you say so, Dana... Well, it's time for us to go to your new house," He said smiling. I stood upband we held hands as we walked out of the apartment. Looking back at it brought many memories. Jordan and I lived in this apartment for a couple months before he died.

"Once we get home, you gon' feel better, baby," He said rubbing my thigh. Right now we were in his car about to head to his house.

"I hope so..."