Epilogue

Two Years Later || 2017.

Jordan Jayceon Smith
08/04/94-07/04/14

Smiling, I kneeled down in front of Jordan's grave. This was his 3rd birthday after he passed away. Although Willie and I already have a son together, I still find it hard to forget about Jordan. He was the first one to give me ultimate happiness.

"Ok, so I only have 5 minutes before we leave," I told the grave, "Once again, happy birthday... And just because I got a family now, it don't mean you ain't got a space inside my heart. Just know that."

Sometimes I feel like I'm crazy for talking to his grave, but at the same time I feel like somehow he can actually hear me. And I like to think that.

"You ready, baby?" I heard Willie ask.

I stood up since I was kneeling down and turned to look at Willie holding Jayceon in his arms, "Yeah."

He put Jayceon down and held his hand. Then he put his other arm around my waist as we started walking to his car. I smiled at his touch and he held me tighter, then gave me a kiss on the top of my head.

We started to drive to our current destination, Alicia's house which she shared with her boyfriend, Manuel.

So what happened to Jordan?

When Alicia's baby, Michael, was born, he did not want anything to do with her or his son. Alicia reminded him about how he promised to be there, but he still refused to be a part of their life. He eventually moved to New York, where he broke contact from all of us. But of course he tried to still keep in touch with Willie. Willie knew what was going on, so he didn't bother answering Jordan's DM's on Instagram.

A couple of days ago I found him on FaceBook, and turns out Alicia isn't the only one with daddy issues. Apparently other women in Florida, where he's from, are claiming he's the father of their children. I saw at least 5 posts from different women. I probably would've seen more if I scrolled lower.

Many read something like:

Paola Jones with Jordan Kimble.

You movin' to Cali don't mean nothin'! Our daughter is 5 years old now, and where is her daddy? Hiding on the other side of the country! It's been 5 years! You gotta come back to FL sometime!

123 Likes 500 Comments 34 Shares

Jenna Hill with Jordan Kimble.

WHERE THE FUCK IS YO PUSSY ASS?? @Jordan Kimble!!! I HEARD YO ASS WAS IN CALI. WATCH ME FLY MY MILF ASS OVA THERE AND TEACH YOU A FUCKIN LESSON!

340 Likes 1,806 Comments 89 Shares

And so on and so forth...

How did Manuel still stay with Alicia?

Alicia had confessed about what was happening with her and Jordan. Manuel was obviously pissed about it, but somehow he has such a huge heart and ended up forgiving her. He was also mad about Jordan not taking responsibility of his own son, so he decided to take the father role. Now, Alicia is pregnant with another baby, Manuel's baby.

"I want Alisha house!" Jayceon yelled out excitedly.

"Oh really?" I laughed and looked at Willie, who had a smile on his face.

"Fuck yeah! SQUAAA! Zoo gang bishes."

I gave him a stern look, "I told you not to say those words. Do I needa get off this car and whoop you?"

He looked down, "No momma..."

I looked over at Willie, who had a nervous look on his face. He was paying close attention to the road and I could see him gulp.

"Willie... Baby?" I called out innocently.

"Yes baby?" He smiled nervously.

"Jayceon, close your ears."

Jayceon shut his eyes closed and slammed his hands on his ears.

"Now Willie... The fuck did I tell you about teaching Jayceon all that bullshit!"

"A'ight, that was Monty, I ain't teach him nun' o' that."

I chuckled, "You can't just blame Monty."

"That's the homie, yeah I can," He laughed.

I shook my head and just laughed.

When we arrived to Alicia's house, she was in the kitchen cooking. No joking it felt like Thanksgiving. Her table was full of food and all for the four of us. Well, the youngin's, too.

Once we were done with dinner, Manuel brought out the liquor and served us in our cups.

"Alright," He started as he stood up, "This is unecessary but... I just wanna say... I hope all four of us last... I don't wanna loose important people like you guys."

"You're drunk off of one shot?" Alicia joked.

Manuel rolled his eyes, "Call me drunk or whatever but you guys mean a lot."

We all smiled and drank our shots.

Even though I was laughing about it earlier, I completely agree with Manuel.

I never want to loose Willie.

•••

That was officially the ending of Ever Since You Came. I appreciate everybody who read this story and voted/commented on it. Feel free to check out my other work.