eleven

Guilt.

"So you got the rent money or not?" She asked me, sternly. Her hands rested on her hips and on of her legs was bent. That pose increased her sterness.

My breathing became harder than it was earlier, "N- No ma'am, but I will have it next week."

"I'm done giving you chances, Dana, you have to be out of here by tonight!"

"Tonight!?"

"And I am not changing my mind!" With that, she slammed my apartment door.

My knees started to feel weak and I fell to the floor. My arms felt weaker and weaker and I couldn't even keep them on my face. I was on the floor sobbing. I tried standing up... But I wasn't able to move at all. I was stuck.

"Mommy?"

When I opened my eyes, I realized I was sitting on the couch. My breathing started to settle down and I felt better. I wiped my eyes then looked at my son, Jayceon.

"Yes baby?"

"Daddy is dead."

"H- Huh?"

"Daddy is dead, look."

He guided me to Jordan and I's room. Jayceon was the first one to go in there. I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes before going to the room. When I walked in, a breeze hit my body and popping was heard in the background. I opened my eyes and Jordan was on the floor behind these restrooms, bleeding out from his chest.

"It's all your fault!" He yelled in pain.

"W- What?" I stuttered as I got closer to him. I kneeled down next to where his bleeding body was and all he did was glare at me.

"You never cared about me."

"I- I did!"

"Then why am I dead?" He said as his eyes slowly went white and his body weakened.

My mouth was dropped open as I stood up. I looked around as everything around me faded into darkness.

"You lied to me..." Someone whispered.

I looked around to see where the voice was coming from, I saw nothing but darkness. When I looked back to where I was originally facing, Willie was crying in front of me.

"You don't care about me either."

"I do! Shit Willie! I do!"

"Then why am I being lied to," He said as he turned around and made me face his back. There was a knife stabbed on him and blood was dripping from it.

I stabbed him in the back.

You better not let me go

And if you want me for your own

My eyes shot open as I heard the ringtone of my phone. My breathing was hard and I felt sweat running down my forehead. My arm was shaking as I reached for my phone.

"H- Hello?" I said answering the phone.

"Hey, it's Jordan."

For some reason, his voice soothed me and I started breathing back to normal.

"Oh hey Jordan."

"Guess what!?"

"What?"

"I found a job!"