seven

Arriba.

Thursday came by and I was still at home packing up for my week in Mexico. I had already dropped off Roscoe at Anthony and Drea's apartment, so I didn't have to worry about that. I told Willie yesterday about my trip, and the first thing he obviously asked was:

"Is that Jordan kid goin'?"

When he found out Jordan was indeed going, he started acting like a jealous boyfriend/overprotective father/violent brother. I love how he gets protective of me, because that way I know he cares, but then at the same time I feel like he doesn't trust me enough, and we're not even dating... Yet. I should be the one with the trust issues, he's a rapper and a lot of hoes are after him. He even told me he was gonna come Wednesday to where we're staying at, I'm fine with it, though, I'll get to vacation with the guy I like.

A knock was heard on my door and I knew that was either Jordan or Alicia wanting me to come out. I grabbed my backpack and my house keys before opening the door.

"Wassup gorgeous. Lemme help ya' with that," He offered as he took my backpack.

"Oh thanks, Jordan."

"You're probably wondering why I'm being so nice to you," He said as he started walking to the car, with Alicia riding shotgun.

I chuckled, "You're always nice to me..."

"Well, you can stop wondering!" He announced, ignoring my previous statement, "You're my girlfriend for the week so I gotta treat you real nice."

I stopped dead in my tracks, "Whoa whoa whoa... Jordan, chill."

"What?" He said giving me a confused look as he put my backpack in the trunk.

"You're so childish," I laughed and he rolled his eyes. I opened the backseat door and sat behind Alicia.

"What's up, Ace," I said greeting her.

"Hey girl, so I texted Manuel a couple of minutes ago, and he said he's gonna be waiting for us at some gas station before crossing the border," She said reading her text message.

"Do you know what gas station?"

"Uhhh... No... I'm about to ask him," She said and started typing.

Jordan got in the driver's side and turned on the car. As soon as he did that, cheesy pop music started blasting through the speakers.

"Really Jordan!?" I yelled.

"Alicia over here wanted to listen to this!" He yelled back.

"Y'all need to leave me the hell alone!" She whined. Jordan sighed and changed the station. After we saw there was nothing good, he grabbed the AUX cord and plugged his phone in.

Cause everything you off, I wanna see

I can't believe you falling for a g'

Cause girl, we only fucking for the moment

Girl, I need you to throw it back

Jordan looked at me through the rear view mirror and smirked, "Playin' ya' boyfriend's music."

"I can tell..."

"Hey Dana, so you're dating a rapper?" Alicia asked me.

I laughed, "N-"

"Yeah!" Jordan yelled, "They fuck every night, too. So I've heard..."

I rolled my eyes, "Stop feedin' her bullshit, Jordan. He's not my boyfriend yet," I cleared up, "And we don't fuck every night."

"Every now and then, then."

"No! Not even every now and then. Why you so into my business anyway!"

"Because I worry about you..." He muttered and kept driving with a serious look on his face.

-

"Turn to this gas station," Alicia instructed to Jordan, "Look his car is right there, Dana!"

I looked out the window and saw a purple mini van with Baja California liscense plates. Then I saw Manuel himself leaning against his car, scrolling on his phone.

"Honk the horn!" Alicia told Jordan, excitedly.

"Hell nah, I'ma attract attention."

"Honk the motherfuckin' horn, Jordan!"

"I said-" Just as Jordan was going to make himself more clear, Alicia slammed her hand on the steering wheel and started honking repeatedly and loudly, causing many people to look our way, Manuel being one of those people.

"You crazy ass bitch!" Jordan groaned, but Alicia was so into Manuel.

Jordan parked the car next to Manuel's car. Alicia was the first one to hop out the car, Jordan and I just followed behind her awkwardly.

"Baby!" She yelled as she ran for a hug. Manuel chuckled and stroked her hair.

"Hola how you doin', baby?" He said. His latino accent was noticible as he spoke.

"Good good. You been fine, right?"

"Right," He said smiling then gave her a kiss.

"You remember Dana?"

He looked over at me and smiled, "Hey Dana!"

"What's up, Manuel," I greeted.

He put his arm around Alicia and walked towards Jordan and I, "Who's your friend?" He said wiggling his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes, "That's just Jordan."

"Good to see I'm special to you," Jordan said dramatically. Manuel introduced himself to Jordan and Jordan did the same.

"Since were going all the way to Ensenada, I was plannin' on you guys following my car, you know?" Manuel suggested.

Jordan nodded, "Aight sounds fine with me."

Manuel and Alicia rode in Manuel's mini van, and Jordan and I were gonna ride in Jordan's car. It took us ten minutes to get on the road again, Manuel wouldn't start so we sort of had an idea of what was happening in there. And typical of Jordan, he suggested that we tried it also.

"Oh yeah. I forgot, you're Fetty Wap's girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes, "I really don't understand all your saltiness."

"I just really like you, that's all. And I just can't stand see you falling for someone who ain't me," He says shrugging.

"You are so straight forward."

He shrugged, again, "I just don't like beating around the bush. If I like you, I tell you. If somebody got me fucked up, I'ma tell 'em they got me fucked up. There ain't no need to hide anything."

I guess he's right.