five

Memories.

At about 1:50, I heard a knock on my apartment door, I was ready just in time. I happily rushed to the door and opened it.

"Hey Dana," He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Haha hey," I blushed.

"Ready to go?"

"Ready Freddy!" I said it like Jerry Purpdrank in one of his old vines.

"You weird," He laughed, "But that's aight, c'mon."

He took my hand and we walked down the stairs to get downstairs. When we got to the parking lot, he took me to his car which was a really nice red Ferrari. He opened the door on the passanger side for me, then he got on the other side. Once he turned on the car, loud music blasted out his speakers, again.

"Sorry," He chuckled after he turned the volume down.

"I'm not even surprised anymore," I laughed and he rolled his eyes playfully.

"You ain't gotta be mean about it," He joked and started to back away from the parking space.

"Where we goin'?" I asked.

"Really Dana?"

"What?" I laughed.

"Why can't you just wait?"

"Anyway," I rolled my eyes as he laughed, "Thanks for takin' me out."

"No problem. I really wanted to do it since I'ma be busy all next week and won't be able to see ya'."

"Aw that sucks."

"I know, I know. But I need to go to the studio and I also have a show in Atlanta."

"Ohhh," I nodded.

"I'm sorry I won't be able to be with you."

"Oh no, you're fine. You can't let me get in between you and ya' career. I understand."

He smiled, "Glad you do."

After a while of driving, the place started to get real familiar. My heart started raising as soon as I saw Santa Monica Beach. Memories of that Fourth of July with Jordan flashed through my head. I haven't came in a year exactly for this reason, it only reminds me of that event.

Which happened because of you!

"Are you okay, baby?" Willie said bursting me out of my trance.

"Huh? No- I mean yeah... It's- I forgot to feed my dog..."

"Hope he's okay right now," He said it in a way that was noticible he didn't believe me and was just commenting to make me think he believed me.

"I hope so, too."

We pulled up to a parking lot and he parked in an empty space. He got out first and as always, he opened the door for me.

"Such a gentleman," I laughed, "Thanks, tho'."

"Ya' welcome," He smiled.

He took my hand and we walked towards the beach. I kept eyeing the place trying not to pay attention that I was in the same place Jordan got shot to death at.

I hope you feel guilty, because this was all your fault.

"Are you sure you okay? You look like you seen ghosts all around you."

"Oh. I'm fine, don't even trip."

He suddenly stopped and started to face me. He put his hands on my shoulders and looked me dead in the eyes, "Dana, if there's somethin' you gotta tell me, just do it. I mean there ain't no need to hide shit from me. What happened that makes you like this?"