Chapter 2

(that's her brother, her costume is a bit like his don't ya think?)
__________________________________

Waking up to the door being pounded on and a voice she didn't want to hear, especially after waking up a tiny bit hungover. She gets out of her bed throwing on short bottoms and heading out of her messy bedroom into her apartment going to the door and finally opening it, which the moment it's open in strides her older brother, whose a big man, he has darker red hair than her and instead of red eyes he has hazel eyes.

"About damn time 'Melia. I've been knocking for 10 minutes." He scolds coldly as he walks in before turning to his little sister, "why the hell does it look like you just woke up? It's 1 pm."

Amelia looks sheepish as she rubs the back of her head, "well, I drank a little too much wine last night."

Her older brother huffs as he enters into the apartment plopping down on the couch as the white furred cat hisses at him. He rolls his eyes at Stubby and shoes him away.

"Damn cat, don't know why he freaking hates me. Why couldn't you've adopted a dog or something?" He comments of handedly

"Not that I have anything against dogs, Stubby just.. he's different and I wouldn't have it any other way." She replies back softly as she walks over to the living area and sits on a reclining chair away from her brother.

It's silent after a moment as Stubby hops into Amelia's lap and purrs loudly in a taunting tone while Amelia pets him. Her brothers eyes are narrow and just watch them before breaking the silence, "what am I going to do with you.."

She blinks her eyes at him questioningly, "what.. what do you mean?" She states

He clasped his scared hands together and says, "you know what. I've told you to not stick your nose into places where you shouldn't and you keep doing it, and it's getting worse over the past couple years."

"Sticking my nose into places? All those times I had legal obligations to step in. I'm doing what a hero should do!" She says raising her voice a tiny bit before cringing at the headache she feels doing so

He chuckles dryly as she throws his arms  along the back of the couch, "sis, I think you and I know you're not exactly hero material. I've been telling you for years, just stay out of the way. But you refuse to listen. So here's what's going to happen, as punishment I'm making sure your only allowed to work 20 hours or less during the work week."

"You can't be serious." She says narrowing her eyes at him, "I don't know where you think I don't have what it takes to be a hero when obviously I do. You seriously need to get the stick out of your ass Miguel, your throwing temper tantrums because you can't keep me under your thumb. I'm sick. I'm sick and tired of being in your shadow, I'm sick and tired of people constantly comparing me to you! Stop comparing me to you, damn it! We're completely different!" She yells at him getting a bit emotional

She keeps going not letting him talk, "I could care less about fame, I like helping people! That's why I step in when there isn't need for me too. Yesterday I stepped in because those individuals, most of them would have died. If I have the power to change someone's fate like that I'm gonna do what I can. Sorry to be such a disappointment."

He looks at her and his hands dig into the couch before he stands up and stalks over to her and she doesn't back down looking at him, even if she's nervous. He can tell she's nervous, even with how she's trying to hide it. He leans over and puts a hand on her head and brings his face close as he looks at her with a small glare.

"You are a disappointment." He states coldly and it feels like a bucket of cold water is poured on her, "can't you see your more fit to be a nurse or something? Why put your life on the line when your quirk doesn't allow you any defense or offensive stats. Not to mention your poor combat skills, all those villains you defeated, you just got lucky. If you keep going you're going to get yourself killed and others too. Do you want to leave me behind huh? Do you want to live with such guilt?!" He states yelling at her with a bit of fear in his eyes

"I'm the only family you got, who was there for you when Mom passed huh? Who was there to help do homework when I could have been heroing, me!! Damn it it all Amelia! You can hate me all you want, but you're going to follow the rules I placed down. Otherwise I'll call my buddies up at the Hero Activities Office and have them pull your hero license. I've held off for a long time doing so, hoping you'd get it through your thick skull that this hero thing wasn't for you. But no, you kept pushing, I almost died, I almost lost my whole career because of a mistake you did six years ago. Don't you still feel bad for that? Just do yourself a favor and keep quiet, stop doing stuff you're not supposed to, got it..?"

She feels sick as she looks at her brother, throwing all that into her face. Being a hero was.. was all she wanted to do. Why can't he respect that!?

Just then Stubby launched himself at Miguel hissing, bitting, and swing his paws at him. Miguel growls throwing him off him and Stubby hits the floor hard as Miguel curses.

"I'm gonna kill that cat one day 'Melia, so help me, get that thing muzzled and declawed or so help me it won't be around for much longer." Miguel spat out angry as his arm bleeds from bites and scratches.

He curses again shoving his sisters helping hand to heal him away as he just storms out of her apartment, slamming the door behind him.

Amelia drops off the chair and quickly brings Stubby into her arms as she cries a little bit, the tears sizzling as it hits his fur.

"I'm sorry Stubby. Please don't attack him again. Please.. I.. I can't lose you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm pathetic." She says whispering while cradling him

"Maybe I.. should really give up.. I mean if he has friends in the Hero Activity Office.. whose to say even if I moved out to a different state they wouldn't pull my license.." she mumbles into his white fur.
After a moment she feels his tail wraps around her arm, giving a comforting squeeze.

She stays sitting on the floor with Stubby purring to her. "You're all I have, so please behave, no matter what happens." She says softly