Chapter 12

Amelia spends the rest of day getting lost in UA determined to find her way back to the entrance and not rely on others. As much as she hates admitting her faults, her teaching partner is right, she needs to be less trouble, not even her first day and she had to call for help. She could almost feel that man's judgemental stare, she isn't a child, she's a full grown adult, just because she's the youngest on the staff doesn't mean she should be treated any different!

*He's right, I can't have him or others worry about me getting lost in this school, I gotta find my way around, memorize quickly so I don't cause problems. I.. I won't be a burden here.*

She almost forgets about Maijima, he needs her measurements. So while wandering the school she happens across the nurses office. Recovery Girl is sitting going through supplies checklist when she enters in.

"Hello deary, I see your exploring still. Need me to point you in a certain direction?"

"I um, no. I am totally here by choice." Amelia tries to say with confidence but it's obvious she literally stumbled in here

"Don't take what Aizawa said to heart dear, he's always like that. Truth be told him, Yamada, and Shirakumo were getting lost in the hall as first years, of course aizawa wasn't in the hero course then but General Studies." The older woman says while putting things away

Amelia comes over and picks up bandages, "o-oh really?" She says not questioning the third name mentioned

Recovery Girl takes the bandages from Amelia and says, "yes, students get lost every year in the halls, and so do staff members. Especially new ones, I think the only one with no issue walking through UA is Nezu and myself. But we've been here much longer than one would expect, I was actually a student here too, and Nezu was the principal during Aizawa, Yamada, Kayama's and may others at this very school. So don't be so hard on yourself I doubt anyone will fault you for losing your way, your new it's to be expected."

Amelia ruby eyes wide as she stand beside her, she helps put stuff away, even though she doesn't have too, "I just.. wanna prove that coming over here, being given so much when I've done so little, that it wasn't a mistake. I'm supposed to help teach a class but have no idea how to teach, nor do I know my way around here, how can I be efficient to make sure I'm doing everything I can to be the best assistant I can be. I.. hate being a burden." She mumbles its silent for a moment and Amelia blushes, "I'm s-sorry, I didn't mean to dump my complaints on you."

Recovery Girl chuckles taking the last item from her, "I seen no problem with it, it's only your first day in Japan, your about to be thrown into this. I reckon Aizawa is just as worried about you and this situation than you think. It's probably not my place to tell, but the last assistant was someone hand picked by members of the board of education, except this gentleman was quite nasty. Ended up threatening students right under Aizawa's and everyone's noses to send him inappropriate pictures to get extra credit. He was quickly found out before to much damage was done. UA was lucky we didn't receive backlash from the public, it instead was aimed at the man who did such things, and towards the board of education for approving such a person to work with children. Aizawa blamed himself harshly for that, not catching on quick enough. Those students are precious to him, even if he expels most of his classes."

Recovery Girl and Amelia finished unpacking that one supply box, "now I'm sure Aizawa will tell you in due time, but he's frustrated with the board, he's also frustrated they're still forcing him to have a assistant. Be patient with him, he'll come around, and try to read between the lines with that boy. I already think your gonna be a great addition and help to us here at UA. Especially me."

Amelia breaks down the box for her and places it by the door, "how so?" She ask

"Well for starters, having someone who can heal without using up the injureds energy is good. The way my quirk works is through a kiss, but it uses the recipients stamina, if they don't have enough stamina it could end up killing them."