Chapter 8

The flight to Japan was 24 hours, it was comfy considering they were flying first class! When the plane attendant spoke in Japanese and then English she knew they were arriving in about 20 more minutes.

Amelia was well rested, ready to face the day whatever it would bring. She managed to finish her teaching certification in record time, all those late nights cramming, all those monster drinks she went through (All worth the small heart palpitations).

She grabbed her purse and made sure Stubby was sitting inside of it before hauling it over her shoulder and getting out as everyone slowly unloaded the giant plane. She managed to leave 5pm her time, and it's been 24 hours, she's landing around 5 am in Japan. She walks down the landing dodging some kids as they run past laughing, as their parents try to catch up to them.

She cracks a small smile at the nice atmosphere as she pass through passport security showing her work visa and just in case, her passport too. Seeing it get stamped was pretty cool.

She goes to the baggage claim and yawns, the jet lag is definitely getting her by the balls right now. It'll take a few days and hopefully she'll get over the massive time difference. She checks her phone glad to see spending a little extra money got her call, text, and data in other countries. She sees the time 5:47am.

She reaches down and scratches Stubby between his ears as they wait painfully for a while until her luggage comes down the conveyer belt; which she grabs her big red suit case and lugs it to her. She sighs, "well, now we figure out how to get a ride to our new home huh?" She says to Stubby

She then paused and realized, how the heck was she gonna get into said new apartment when she didn't have keys, or the room number. She knew the apartment complex address, but not where it was located (it's her first time in Japan) and nor any of the details of said apartment.

She realized she was unsure how to act, she felt out of place here in Japan, barely anyone at all was speaking English, she felt overwhelmed. A loud purr was heard as she is brought out of thoughts by her best friend.

"Thanks buddy.." she whispers to him as she gives him another pet for good measure and sets out. She gets out to the main area of the airport where people are coming and going, and there's a line of people holding signs up.

Some of the signs are for people who need rides, and others are signs welcoming people to Japan with their names on them. As Amelia is heading to the signs to see if she can get a ride, a dark haired woman with glasses in a t-shirt and nice jeans with black heels is holding a sign, it's her name!

*What the hell!?*

Amelia isn't sure as she wonders over,

Wow she is gorgeous and tall. What pretty eyes. Oh geez she could be a super model if she wanted too.

"E-Excuse me" Amelia stutters as she points at the sign the lady is holding, "are you waiting on me?"

The woman smiles this really pretty one, "Well I'll be you really are short as the paper work said. Anyway, if your Tano Amelia from America then yep I'm waiting on you."

Amelia blushes and nods confirming she is that lady, "oh umm I get that a lot," she clears her throat holding her suitcase handle bar as it rolls beside her as she comes closer, she does a awkward bow in greeting, "I'm Tano Amelia, sorry for making you wait."

The woman chuckles an looks down at the four foot eleven woman, licking her lips before speaking, "aren't you cute, no worries I just arrived about 20 minutes ago. Your plane actually arrived earlier than anticipated. Anywho~ I'm Kayama Nemuri, I'm one of your future coworkers."

Amelia's red eyes widen a little and she's blushing slightly at Kayama's tone, "nice to meet you Kayama. I umm wasn't expecting to have a ride to my apartment.. my new boss is.. weird." Amelia looks down slightly as she says that