...Good Dreams

Winnie could hardly fall asleep. Once she did, she had... good dreams.

                                        ***

Lucky was restless that night. When he fell asleep, he had... good dreams.

                                        ***

Winnie was gracefully strolling on the beach. The sea foam sprayed lightly on her face. The sand in between her paws was cold, due to the setting sun. Winnie walked up to a conch near the waves. Sitting down on the sand next to the conch, Winnie felt like she was finally home. When she went to get up, she felt a slight tap on her shoulder. Standing behind her was Lucky, with an adorable smile there on his face. Winnie smiled sweetly back. They got wrapped up in a hug. When Winnie pulled away, Lucky's paw traced Winnie's arm before settling in her own paw. Winnie's paw cupped to his cheek. They leaned in for the perfect fairy-tale kiss and...

                                         ***

Lucky was laying flat on his back in the park. With lucky footy in paw, Lucky tossed the ball into the air and caught it. He watched the clouds as he threw the ball yet again. He saw an echidna. He saw a kangaroo. He saw... Winnie? His football dropped on his head abruptly. Lucky winced in pain and scrambled to his feet (or paws, whatever). Winnie wasn't a cloud, she was in person! Lucky dropped his football in shock. They both leaned in for a kiss and...

                                        ***

Their siblings woke them up.

                                        ***

"Why did you whimper in your sleep?" Chucky questioned his big brother. "By the way, who's Winnie?"

                                        ***

"Why were you hugging your cloud pillow? Tillie was hovering over Winnie.

                                        ***

"Hmm... must've been my dream," they both admitted.

They all went back to sleep, except for Lucky. He couldn't help but wonder if Winnie still remembered him. He watched out his window as a shooting star grazed the atmosphere and burned up.

"I wish that Winnie hasn't forgotten about me, and that I'll see her again soon," he wished. Then Lucky had no trouble falling asleep.

______________________________________

Hey y'all! Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! I know I enjoy proofreading it every time!

- blueyobsessed17