Almost Drowning

When Lucky arrived, he scanned the deck for Winnie, but couldn't find her. However, when he glanced toward the pool, he saw her trying to teach Tillie how to do something that looked a lot like an underwater handstand. He watched (or rather stared at) Winnie as she taught her younger sister, diving down for a few seconds, then her legs and feet popping back up to the surface.

Still in his staring daze, Chucky nudged his older brother to see if he was actually still alive. Lucky didn't move, so Chucky nudged him harder. This time, Lucky responded by losing his balance and tumbling into the pool. He snapped out of his temporary coma just in time to hear the splash of him plunging into the water. Lucky emerged from the water and swam deeper, not noticing Chucky's smirk. Then he was interrupted by his 11-year-old brother yet again. This time, Chucky cannon-balled off the deep end and sent a strong enough "tidal wave" that it pushed Lucky right into Winnie. Tillie caught on, and proceeded to shove both sister and non sister under. They got so close underwater that their muzzles touched. Lucky blushed so hard he was practically seeing red. Winnie pulled him upward. They gasped for air.

"CHUCKY!" Lucky shouted. "You almost drowned me twice, and almost drowned my-" Lucky paused. He had almost said "crush".

"My what?" Winnie inquired.

"Friend," Lucky responded almost immediately.

"Oh," Winnie said, sounding slightly crestfallen.

Pretty soon, it was time for geography trivia in the lobby. They were given cards to write their answers on. Lucky thought it was very challenging, and ended up getting only three right. Winnie, on the other hand, got all thirty right, and won the small plastic-gold trophy.

"Great job, Winnie!" Tillie exclaimed.

"Thanks!" Winnie beamed.

"Wow. You're really smart, Winnie!" said Chucky. "Way smarter than my brother."

"I can always tutor him," she said jokingly, then laughed.

There it was again. Winnie's giggle lifted Lucky's spirits. Maybe Winnie makes losing worth it, he thought.

______________________________

OHMIGOSH GUYS I'M SUPER SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE YESTERDAY! WAS STILL CONVERTING THIS CHAPTER AND HAD TO GO TO BED! 

Anyways, thank you so much to @ChatINs90 and @MistyMay2 for adding this fanfic to your reading list! It really makes me feel special!

Again, thank you to @SansyWasTaken1 for commenting YET AGAIN! Really, whatever you have to say is very sweet!

Also, shout out again to @MistyMay2 for voting on all my chapters! This is quite possibly the best news of all!

Anyhoo, love y'all, and hope you enjoyed this chapter!

P.S. In paragraph 1 of this chapter, I PROMISE Lucky doesn't have feet fetish! He's just really in love with Winnie!

- blueyobsessed17