A Nice Guy

Winnie was strolling on the beach and searching for shells with her mother. Every once in a while, they would find a complete, real, beautiful shell. Winnie would get excited and gingerly pick up the object, placing it in a pouch she had slung around her shoulder. Ophelia would chuckle a bit and remind Winnie that she couldn't bring the shells back on the cruise, so as to not upset the Australian ecosystem or the Bermuda one, either.

"I know," Winnie sighed as she placed a rather large conch in her pouch. "They just look so pretty."

"Honey, we have to follow the international travel guidelines," her mum shook her head solemnly, with sweetness.

Winnie sat down on the pink-ish sand and pulled the conch she had just collected out of her pouch. She studied it for a moment, then placed it back down on the sand. Winnie looked up at the sky, and then tried to find with her eyes where the ocean's horizon ceased. (It never did lol.) Then something about this jogged her memory. Something about this scene felt like deja vu, but she couldn't quite grasp why. Winnie glanced Lucky's way, and she remembered where she had seen this event before. In the dream she had the night before the cruise. The light pinks, blues, and green hues were painted on the same conch she saw in her sleep. Winnie half expected Lucky to walk up to her and tap her on the shoulder, as happened in her previous dream. However, it didn't happen. Winnie stood up after grabbing the conch and placing it back in her bag. Winnie glanced at Lucky yet again, who was now talking with Tillie. Ophelia noticed her daughter's gesture.

"He really is a nice guy, honey," Ophelia said as both mother and daughter watched Lucky play with Tillie.

"Mummm," Winnie embarrassedly whispered.

"What? I'm telling the truth!" Ophelia wholeheartedly said.

Winnie paused for a second and blushed.

Ophelia raised her eyebrows. "Oh?" she quizzally asked.

"Oh..." Winnie rubbed her foot (paw, this is so confusing) on her leg and bit her lip. "Ummm..."

Ophelia rolled her eyes. "Honey, you forget that I've been 13 before. I know what a crush looks like."

Winnie started to blush harder and looked longingly at Lucky. Apparently, Lucky spotted her "subtle" gesture and waved to her. Winnie blushed and waved slightly back. Lucky's golden hazel eyes bored into hers for what seemed like a lifetime to the two, but in reality, it was but a few short and sweet seconds. Ophelia chuckled and walked away, a conch similar to Winnie's catching her eye.

____________________________

Hey y'all! Hope you enjoy this chapter! 

Thanks to @Cassie__Roxy for adding my fanfic to your reading list and thanks to @UlisesCaedo for following me! Welcome to the club!

1.5K! 500 more views and we make it to 2K! Can we make it by St. Valentine's Day?

-blueyobsessed17