"Knew It"

At the pool, Lucky wouldn't get in. He was too busy on his phone.

"Chocolates? No. Too Valentine's Day-ish."

"Roses? No, that would make me look desperate."

"A poem?" Lucky scowled into his phone's camera, as if he was on a FaceTime call with someone. "Okay, this website is really bad."

"Hey, you good?" Lucky turned off his phone to see Winnie standing beside him, her head cocked slightly to the left.

Lucky scrambled out of his lounge chair to face his crush. "Of course! Why wouldn't I be?"

"You wanna go get ice cream?" Winnie asked, pointing to the machine with the same name.

Lucky froze for a few seconds before speaking. "Yeah!"

They strolled over to the ice cream machine and grabbed their cones.

"Chocolate and vanilla swirl is the closest to my favorite flavor, neopolitan," Winnie explained as she pulled down the lever in the middle of the machine.

Lucky pumped his fist a few inches into the air. "Knew it," he whispered triumphantly.

"Say something, Lucky?"

"Nah."

"Alright." Winnie turned around and let Lucky get his ice cream. He chose chocolate, like the color of Winnie's fur.

"Hey, look," Lucky laughed and held up his cone to Winnie. "You're matching."

Winnie giggled, turned slightly pink, and walked to the lounge chairs with Lucky. They both sat down and began to consume their frozen treats. Lucky finished his cone first and dove into the pool. Through the water warping his sight, he could (barely) make out his brother talking to Tillie. Lucky laughed to himself before clasping his hand to his mouth (or muzzle, whatever), losing air he needed to stay submerged. The loss of oxygen forced Lucky to swim upward. He broke the surface and waded over to Chucky and Tillie.

"Mind if I join?" Lucky asked as he ceased his underwater waddling,

"Yes," Chucky said as Tillie said "no".

"I mean, sure," he corrected himself. "If Tillie wants you here."

Tillie smiled and nodded. Lucky placed himself between the two others.

"So, how's life?" Lucky asked.

"What do you want, Lucky?" Chucky put off an 'I'm done with live' vibe at the moment.

"Hey, I can't hang out with my younger brother and his... friend?" Lucky held his voice out a bit on that last word.

"What, you wouldn't rather hang out with your crush?" Chucky retorted.

"Shhhh, she's right over there!"

"Does it look like I care?"

"Aww, Winnicky?" Tillie swooned.

"Shut your talking hole," Lucky shushed her and glanced Winnie's way.

_______________________________________________

Hey y'all!! Miss me??

I'm sure you've seen the intro of my new book. I wanted to let y'all know that I will be writing my own ships first, and then taking the suggestions.

Did you catch the reference to an earlier chapter?? Comment if you did!!

3.5K!! Tysmm!!

Hope you enjoy this short chapter!!

-blueyobsessed17