In Which A Duck Is Thrown

Everything was just different the next day at breakfast. Winnie and Lucky acted closer than ever, Chucky and Tillie were completely silent and attempted to avoid each other, and the grown-ups acted like, well, grown-ups. It was as if the children had switched roles.

"Tillie, Chucky!" Winnie called from the other side of the table. "Wanna explore the ship with me and Lucky today?"

Chucky looked over at Winnie, all smiles and innocence, and then Lucky, who was practically glowing sitting next to his crush. Chucky smiled to himself before answering the question. "I actually want to spend some time at the arcade."

"Well," Tillie contradicted. "I would love to check out what the ship has to offer."

"Cool." Lucky paused for a moment. "I actually think I'll go with Chucky, if that's okay." He looked to Chucky for approval.

"Yeah, whatever," Chucky shrugged. Gives me more time to think, nonetheless, he continued in his thoughts.

"Alrighty then! We'll meet you guys there after we're finished," Winnie agreed.

After breakfast, the boys parted with everyone else and walked to Deck 11 where the arcade was located. Once they were inside, they headed to the skee-ball machines and swiped their cards.

"So," Lucky started. "Spit it out. What's on your mind?"

"Well, to be honest," Chucky blushed. "Tillie. Really only Tillie at the moment."

So then why are you avoiding her?" Lucky asked, and gave his brother a quizzical look (which went to waste due to Chucky's concentration on his game).

"Hey, I didn't scold you for avoiding Winnie, and look where you are now!" Chucky retorted. "You're practically dating!"

"No!" Lucky said rather loudly.

"Let me guess..." Chucky started, then turned his pitch higher and snobbier. "We'Re JuSt fRiEnDs!"

Lucky threw a duck he had found behind the skee-ball machine at Chucky, "Hey, I was going through things."

"Well so am I!" Chucky threw the duck back.

Lucky finished his game, glanced at his score, and collected his tickets. "Twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty. Thirty tickets!" Lucky announced, then went to a new game. "Look mate," he walked away slowly. "You should think a few things through."

Chucky smirked Something you don't do on a daily basis, he thought to himself, then chuckled.

Chucky took a moment to finish his game, collect his tickets, and swipe his card again. "I admit," he quietly confessed to himself. "I do need to do some thinking." To him, Tillie was the most amazing person he'd ever met. She was smart, sweet, compassionate, and overall very beautiful. Her freckles added to her innocent look, chocolate fur like Winnie's, a small diamond shape on her chest, and, of course, deep brown, almost black eyes. No doubt he liked Tillie.

"Not love though," Chucky reassured himself. "...I think." Most likely Tillie knew about his crush, and that's why she was avoiding Chucky. He definitely overreacted with Ike two nights ago. And he had been caught staring at her multiple times.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid, " Chucky repeated as he accidentally threw a ball from his game too hard and it rolled out. As he went to pick it up, Tillie's paw accidentally touched his.

"I see that throw was a little too aggressive," Tillie laughed as she handed the ball to Chucky's sweaty palms. His face had a slight tint of red to it.

"Uhm, yeah," Chucky mustered. "Little to hard."

"Well, are you gonna play?" Tillie tilted her head.

"Oh, yeah. Right," Chucky started his game again, finished the game, and walked with everyone to the Lido deck for lunch.

______________________________________

Hey my lovelies! Ty for ur understanding abt the updating issue! A few more chapters and I am officially out of pre-written chapters...

*cheers depressedly*

Anyhoo, thank you to @NatureSensei, @ChatINs90, @SansyWasTaken1, @Doramico, @CharlieRMorganXD, @RickySimple5, @KumozBookz, and @BlueyFanPH for commenting! You guys have such nice (and funny) things to say abt my story!

Thanks to @RickySimple5, @ChatINs90, @Doramico, @Cmony12642, @Omglolbrbgtg, @JustSimple11, and @BlueyFanPH for voting! We are at 139 votes thanks to all of u!

And finally, special shoutouts to @NatureSensei, @Cmony12642, @RickySimple5, 
@BlueyFanPH, @Omglolbrbgtg, @KumozBookz, @JustSimple11, and @Doramico for following me! I feel like i now have to name my follower group lolz! Any ideas?

2.4K reads!!

Also, ty for all the people who don't do anything but read! 

Hope u enjoyed this chapter! If I missed anyone in the shoutouts, don't be afraid to tell me!

- blueyobsessed17