Mr. Blue Eyes / Two Left Paws

After dinner, both families headed to ballroom dancing. Pat and Janelle waltzed beautifully, and so did Fido and Ophelia. The kids sat on the sidelines and watched their parents. Lucky fought the urge to whisk Winnie away and dance with her forever. Chucky kept glancing at Tillie, who – for some apparent reason that Chucky didn't know – was staring intently at her paw. Winnie's eyes followed her parent's steps and dreamily imagined Lucky and herself dancing together. Tillie... continued to stare at her paw.

"Psst," Winnie nudged her sister. "Mr. Blue Eyes over there is looking at you."

Sure enough, Chucky's electric blue eyes kept darting from his parents to Tillie, no doubt imagining Tillie and himself in Pat and Janelle's metaphorical shoes. Just as Chucky had mustered enough courage to talk to his crush, some beagle walked up to Tillie.

"Hey there. The name's Ike," he said. "Wanna dance?"

Chucky winced and prepared for impact. Of course Tillie would choose this guy to dance with her over himself. Ike had a six-pack, a cool accent, and was no doubt more mature. He couldn't compete with that.

"Hello. I'm Tillie," she started. "And I would love..."

Chucky shut his eyes tight as a lump formed in his throat. You're not good enough, he thought. This thought was combated by an "I love pizza" in his head, and Tillie's voice.

"And I would love," she repeated and smirked. "For you to stop hogging my personal space." She turned her head to Chucky who looked as if he was trying to role play a basketball. Tillie felt so sorry for him as she noticed his eyes to be duller than they usually were. She extended a paw toward Chucky's, which was shaking like he was having a sugar high, or quite possibly a seizure. Tillie's paw stopped when their fingertips (pawtips, idk it just sounds weird) touched.

"Uhhh..." Chucky sniffled. "I... I'm sorry... for overreacting."

"Don't be," Tillie softly smiled. She watched as the buff beagle rolled his eyes and walked away.

                                 *  *  *

Meanwhile, Winnie continued to watch her parents waltz across the floor. They were so in sync, it was like only one dog was dancing. Soon, Lucky scooted over to Winnie.

"Your parents are really good," he admired.

"I know," Winnie agreed. "It's like there's only one dog dancing."

"Yeah," he said.

After a few moments of silence, Lucky spoke again.

"I wish I knew how to waltz like that,"

"I could show you, if you want," Winnie answered.

Lucky blushed. "Oh, no, I-I already know how."

"Well, could you show me?" Winnie asked.

His brain worked slower than his head. Lucky nodded as he internally screamed: WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HECK ARE YOU DOING, BRO! YOU HAVE TWO LEFT PAWS!

Regardless, he put his paw in Winnie's. Lucky could practically hear his heart going a million miles a minute as he slid his free paw toward his crush's waist. Winnie's other paw found its way to his shoulder.

"Uhm, is this alright?" Lucky nervously scratched the nape of his neck with the paw that used to hold Winnie's.

"I-it's fine," Winnie nodded as butterflies began to throw a party in her stomach.

Lucky took a few steps to the music and accidentally stepped on his crush's paw. "Sorry," he quickly apologized. Not long after, the same phrase was repeated.

"My dance skills are a little rusty," Lucky admitted, which was followed by yet another "sorry".

"A little rusty?" Winnie jokingly questioned.

"Okay, a lotta bit rusty. I maaay have two left paws," Lucky responded.

"Don't worry, it'll come back to you," Winnie assured him hopefully.

Sure enough, it did. Soon, Lucky and Winnie were gliding across the floor like their parents. They didn't even notice the snickering of their siblings. Both dogs were too busy gazing into one another's eyes.

Pretty soon, the song stopped. Once it did, both Lucky and Winnie pulled away abruptly and awkwardly. Winnie hastily thanked Lucky for the dance and walked with pace toward her sister. Lucky, on the other hand, walked away rather slowly. He looked over his shoulder to the spot he and his crush had just danced and dreamily sighed.

_______________________________

Sorry for the super late update, it took forever to type this chapter. There were so many typos lolz 🤣.

Shout out to @Megablueyfan0, @SansyWasTaken1, and @CharlieRMorganXD for commenting! Also thanks to @Beachgirly14 and @el_max301 for following me! Welcome to the club! And finally, thanks to @FrancoAmarillo0 for adding my story to their reading lists!

Also, speaking of @Beachgirly14, that is the new profile for @MonChatonsLady, if you haven't figured that out yet. She has republished her fanfiction, and it contains the original title with the added words "Current Version". Look out for a new update!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter! If I missed any shout outs, don't be afraid to tell me!

New book about my favorite ships coming in under a week!

1.7K! We might make it to 2K by Valentine's day!

-blueyobsessed17