The Arcade

For departure day, Winnie and her family were on time in a neat manner. Lucky and company... could barely get out the door.

"BUT I WANNA BRING THE NINTENDO SWITCH!" Chucky pouted as Pat and Janelle dragged him into their car.

"Psst" Lucky whispered and pointed to the game console on Chucky's seat. Chucky giggled giddily, rushed to his seat, and started playing Mario Kart.

Once they were on board, Lucky wanted to go to the sports deck. They trekked up to deck 13 before finding out that the deck was only open when the ship was moving. Lucky then let his little brother take them where he wanted to go, and Chucky led them to the arcade a floor down.

Winnie was excited, but didn't know where to start. Tillie advised that they go to the arcade, a favorite choice among the Cocker Spaniels. Winnie glanced at the ship map next to the elevator and directed her family to the arcade. Winnie, Tillie, and their parents had a fun time playing the "Crossy Road" game until Fido spoke suddenly.

"Pat? I didn't know you were going on a cruise. Good on you!"

The mums and dads talked while Chucky and Tillie skipped off to a car simulator. That left Winnie and Lucky alone. Lucky swiped his card on a nearby plush claw machine and let Winnie have a turn. The claw missed entirely.

"These things are rigged," Winnie grimaced.

"Let me try," Lucky said confidently. He swiped his card again and carefully moved the joystick and claw to the pineapple plushie that Winnie had been loosely aiming for. He pressed the down button and shut his eyes tightly. He heard the ping and Winnie's squeal of excitement.

"For real life?" she asked.

"For real life," he replied.

Winnie walked off to a piano game close to her sister while Lucky played another claw machine game. When she finished, she strolled to her parents and glanced around for Lucky. She felt something on her shoulder.

"All hail Winnie," Lucky announced playfully as he placed a shiny tiara on Winnie's head.

Winnie giggled, which her paw quickly covered. Lucky was acting so nice that she was confused. Then Lucky asked her a question.

"Why did you come on this cruise?" Well, it was my birthday gift from my mum and dad." she answered.

"No way! Me too!" Lucky smiled, and both of them blushed.

                                   ***

Meanwhile, Tillie and Chucky had finished their simulator. Both dogs looked for family and saw their older siblings in a VR shooting game together.

"Look at them. They're so cute," Tillie sighed.

"Y'know what would be a good ship name?" Chucky playfully questioned.

"Winnicky!" they exclaimed, then looked away from each other, giggling uncontrollably.

"My brother has a crush on your sister, " Chucky said.

"It's the same for Winnie," Tillie replied.

__________________________

Hey y'all! Sorry for the late post, had hw and stuff. Anyways, love y'all!

-blueyobsessed17