An Intense Volleyball Game

The next day, before breakfast, Lucky and Pat traversed to the sports deck with Fido and Winnie. Lucky couldn't decide what to play, because there wasn't any ball to play catch with available. Then he remembered something.

"I gotta run back to our cabin to get something," he explained as he bolted to floor five, where his and Chucky's room was located, right next to his parent's room. He grabbed his lucky footy and ran back to deck thirteen.

"Glad I packed this," he smiled at his dad, revealing his touch football.

Since the deck was empty, they used the court to play catch. Lucky accidentally threw the ball out of the court. As he walked out to "fetch" the ball, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around abruptly to find Winnie holding the football. When she tried to give the ball back, their paws lightly touched. Lucky could feel himself reddening. He jogged back to the court and began throwing once more. After a while, Pat proposed that everyone, including Winnie, should play a game of volleyball.

Before the choosing of teams commenced, Fido opposed his friend's idea. "Look mate, you really don't want to challenge my daughter to volleyb-"

"Without being on my team!" Pat interrupted.

They found a volleyball and began to play after setting up the net. Winnie dominated the court and she and Lucky obviously won.

"That's good exercise," her dad said, out of breath.

They went back down a few floors to have brekkie with Chucky, Janelle, Tillie, and Ophelia. The boys piled their plates high with donuts, pancakes, waffles, and pastries after having all energy drained from the volleyball match. Winnie got a plain bowl of fruit salad and a cup of orange juice. She looked down at her meal. Something seemed familiar. Then it struck her. Mangoes and papayas were in the fruit salad that she ate when she met Lucky. She looked at Lucky. Even though his face was covered in powdered sugar and crumbs, he still looked charming to Winnie. She, along with everybody else, finished her breakfast and headed back to her cabin.

"Mum, can we go swimming?" Winnie asked when they got back to their room.

"Sure. We can swim until it's time for trivia in the lobby," Ophelia replied.

Fido called Pat and told him they were going swimming. The Labs were also coming with the Spaniels. Once Winnie and company got to the deck to swim, she and her sister jumped in immediately. She hit the water and opened her eyes. Bubbles rose to the surface of the pool around her. Winnie squinted in the clear water to find that Tillie was trying to do a water aerobics handstand. Winnie swam upward and took in a gulp of fresh air. She paddled over to Tillie and started teaching her how to do the underwater trick.