A REALIZATION (almost)

Winnie stared off in the distance as she took small licks of her ice cream. A movement of a yellow head her way caught her attention. She lowered her ice cream and saw Lucky had glanced her way. Winnie smiled to herself and went back to her almost-neapolitan cone. Soon after, Tillie came over to convince her older sister to hurry up.

"Move it! I'm not one of the boys!"

Winnie rolled her eyes. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"If I explain it to you, it isn't funny anymore," Tillie shrugged.

"Ugh."

Winnie looked over to Lucky and started to think. Lucky is always looking at me. He liked how I drew a portrait of him. He let me keep a plush he rightfully won. He gave me a crown and called me a queen. He even skated and danced with me.

Does Lucky... like me?

No. Not possible.

But, he jokes with me too...

If he liked me, he would've already told me.

Well, he's sort-of as uncomfortable around me as I am around him...

Maybe it's only because Tillie and Chucky told Lucky I liked him.

Winnie's thoughts argued in her head as her anxieties grew. Maybe Lucky was only acting nice to her because he knew about Winnie's crush on him. Maybe he was just making her feel comfortable about her crush.

"Winnie?" Tillie said as she waved her paw in front of her sister's face.

Winnie blinked a bit before speaking. "Personal space, Till."

"Sorry?" Tillie scoffed as she walked toward a burger shop and ordered some fries.

Winnie watched Tillie, then finished up her ice cream cone. Lucky and Chucky were having a very intense splash fight, and the lifeguard blew his whistle at the two squabbling brothers. Winnie shook her head with a smile on her face. Lucky waded out of the pool and shook the water clinging to his fur off. He then sat next to Winnie. Tillie's name was called from the burger joint, and she rushed eagerly to get her fries. She also grabbed some vanilla ice cream to dip her fries in as well.

"You're really gonna eat ice cream with fries?" Winnie giggled.

"Why not?" Lucky responded.

"Yeah, why not?" Tillie echoed.

"It just seems weird." Winnie shrugged.

Tillie ate her little snack quickly and carefully waded back into the pool. Winnie smiled, as she could see Chucky's tail try to wag back and forth in the water's pressure.

"You're back!"

"I thought you were trying to avoid me," Tillie looked at him quizzically.

"I thought you were avoiding me," Chucky said.

"Well, I guess we were both wrong," Tillie teased.

Winnie and Lucky watched as their siblings played together in the oasis of the pool. Soon, the adults called the kids to dry off and head back to their cabins. That night was "formal night", and it would take a while to get ready.

"Kids, "Ophelia called. "Time to go!"

Lucky and Winnie walked to their parents. Chucky and Tillie had to dry off first. Chucky shook like Lucky had prior to the moment, and started to walk to Pat and Janelle. However, he noticed Tillie trying to shake. She was failing and shivering. A little piece of Chucky's heart broke off to see Tillie looking so uncomfortable in her failure. He walked to the nearest towel rack and grabbed a towel for Tillie. Despite the towel's small size, it helped Tillie when Chucky wrapped it around her.

"The girl can ice skate, but not shake?" Chucky shook his head with mock disappointment.

Tillie rolled her eyes playfully as she and Chucky walked to their parents. Before waving goodbye, Tillie uttered something to Chucky.

"Thanks... Romeo."

Chucky stood there, shocked. How did she know the nickname that Lucky gave me only a few days ago in Bermuda?

Tillie waved goodbye, and Chucky waved back awkwardly. They parted and started to their cabins for dinner.

____________________________________________________

Would you count that ending as a plot twist, or no?? Idk.

I'm back. Jumpscare. I did not in fact die. Yw.

Honest opinion. Do y'all have any other words for "walked"?? I feel like I'm using the same three. 💀💀

Anyhoo, thanks to all that follow, vote, read, and add to your reading list (honestly my days of hunting the specific ppl are fr over).

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!!

Love u pookies!!

4K!! TYSMMM!!

-blueyobsessed17

P.S. Y'all got any advice on what to do when ur friends seem toxic?? They're fr like my only ones and I don't want to lose them. 😭😭