Chapter 1

Jaune Arc sits quietly on his bunk bed in the "playpen". In actuality is it's jus a whole bunch of bunk beds, enough for 330 kids for six year olds with round tables and chairs to get to know other candidates. Currently, all of the candidates have been selected and they are headed to a planet called Onyx, wherever that is. They have been told that their previous life is gone, whoever you were is not the person you are now or will be. They are told that they will be the new defenders of humanity, the sword and shield again the Covenant, and every fiber in Jaune's body is telling him that this is what he was meant to be. Before they land, Jaune thinks back on the previous month. (They found many suitable candidates, Jaune appeared on day two).

Flashback

Jaune and James walk through the door, to see 26 other kids either talking, playing, or sleeping because what else is there to do. They suddenly stop what they are doing and turn to see the visit and new candidate. "Awesome, my name is James Clark, and I'm the one picking the candidates, so I will show you to the 'playpen' as well like to call it." "Now I recommend getting to know some kids as they will be you brothers and sisters in arms." "Alright!" Jaune states excitedly. " Goo, I've got work to attend to, so have fun." 'Your going to need to as you won't have anymore fun after this.' James states in his mind. 

The door closes and all the kids except for two continue whatever they were doing. "Hey new kid, come over here." exclaims a girl. "So what's your name?" "Jaune, Jaune Arc." Jaune states. "Cool, my name is Macy and his name is Jack." Macy says excitedly. "Hey." Jack says. "Hey that cool ,sooooooo, what do we do no..." "Oh we could tell our code numbers (Please correct me if I'm saying this wrong) and our stories!" Jack and Jaune agreed. "Ok my code number is Macy-G006!" "Mine is Jack-G012" "And mine is Jaune-G027." "Cool, so my home planet was mostly a desert with some nice beach spots, I grew up right on the beach with my two siblings." Macy explained. "Ok I was born on a forrest and jungle world where the fauna and flora were dangerous, we had to constantly be awake at all times. I learned basic survival skills like how to start a fire and thins like that, and I didn't have any siblings because my parents were to busy working, but eventually the ended up dead, and here I am." "Oh that is so sad, my parents died in a Covenant surprise attack." "I'm sorry for both of you losses." Jaune told them." "I have no idea where my parents are right now." "Were you orphaned?" Macy asked. "No, but they were defending me and my sisters from Grimm, bad fauna on my planet, so I don't know if they are ok, the only thing I have that reminds me of them is a sword and shield called Crocea Mors." "Wait how many sisters did you have?" Macy asked. "And you use swords?" Jack asked. "Ok to answer Macy's question, I have seven sisters." "SEVEN!" "Yeah, it's terrible trying to share, but anyways, to answer Jack's question, we don't just use sword, but all kinds of melee weapons and guns." Jaune replied. "But don't you have the UNSC the help?" Jack asked. "Well my planed was separated from the UNSC, so we had to use whatever we could get our hands on." Jaune lied. "Well, I'm sure this is going to be the start of an amazing three way friendship!" Macy stated. 

And she was right, until the Onyx conflict. 

Over the following month, the playpen filled up with kids, all six years of age. Soon, the table where Jaune, Jack and Macy usually sat at, was full, so they tended to talk on their bunk beds, which they moved together so that they were right next to each other. Every few hours, breakfast, lunch, or dinner was served in the forms of MREs, meals ready to go, so that they could familiarize themselves on how to use them. 

But that was then and this was now.

End Of Flashback

As Jaune, Jack, and Macy stood infant of the glass window, Onyx was in view, swell as their future. "Trainees, attention!" stated and 30-40 year old looking man. On  his left, right, and back were  armored individuals Jaune could only assume were spartans. "I am Senior Chief Petty Officer Franklin Mendez, . To my right is Petty Officer Second Class Tom-B292, to my left is Petty Officer Second Class Lucy-B091, and behind me is Lieutenant Commander Kurt Ambrose." "We will be the ones to train you to be the best soldiers the world has ever seen, we will make you life a living hell, but if you keep going, you will make it through to become a Spartan III of Gamma company." You will refer to me, Tom, and Kurt and sir, and Lucy as ma'am. IS THIS UNDERSTOOD!" "SIR YES SIR!" reply the trainees. "Good, we will arrive at 1530 hours." I surest you steel you nerves ahead of time for what is coming."

They had no idea what was going to happen to them.