Chapter 14

26:30 Hours 

The day turns into night, and Reach is plunged into darkness, with only it's moon and artificial light left. We are currently on a mountain as the camera follows a Covenant carrier flying by our mountain top. We then zoom in on Jun who gets up and balances on the mountain side. Then the camera moves to Jaune which then follows him. 

"Recon team Bravo reporting in, Three and Six in position. It's started to get crowded up here Kat" Jun reports. "Then were closing in. Report any Covenant structures or devices. Direct action may be necessary." Kat says. "Copy that." Jun acknowledges. Jun chuckles. "When Kat runs an operative, direct action is always necessary. Here you may need these." Jun hands over a magazine to Jaune. "High-Velocity armor-piercing, they'll take the hat off an Elite two thousand yards, and they ain't cheap." "Thanks man." Jaune responds "Don't mention it." Jun says. They continue down the path. Until Jaune reaches his position. "I'll be in touch." Jun states. "Got it." Jaune responds.

He soon discovered a Covenant camp and Jaune opens five with his MA5K. Moving from target to target, the Covenant camp is swiftly taken care of. He pushed forward onto the path to rendezvous with Jun. 

Further along the path, he finds Jun and together the push forward to make a contact report. Jun asked wether or not the structure ahead was he correct base. Kat told him that it was too small. They moved on through the base, steadily so that they wouldn't alert Covenant forces. Jun and Jaune move through the base, eliminating any Covenant forces they encounter. 

After they clear the base, they encounter a path. On that path, there is a Guta, a massive, bipedal monster native to Reach. With arms ending in long fingers, it ravages any Covenant forces that get to close. It lumbers after the pair of Spartans. It may be massive, but that makes it a big target, and Jaune has had is fair share of massive target, both on Remnant and during his service to the UNSC. It doesn't stand a chance. Once the creature is killed, the two Spartans continue down the trail.

They soon encounter a small village being attacked by Covenant forces. Jun stays behind providing long fire support, while Jaune, holding Crocea Mors in his left hand and his MA5K in his right, chances straight into the Covenant formation. Jaune reaches the front lines and opens fire, popping shield after energy shield. Soon, the Elites are weakened and Jaune engages in melee, taking and slashing like a mad man due to his implants in his frontal lobe that heighten aggression, strength, endurance, and tolerance to pain. In other words, Jaune was a monster in melee. The weakened Elites stood no chance with an enraged Jaune equipped with both haves of Crocea Mors. Soon all of the Covenant forces were cleared out, the militia showed the way to a hydro-electric plant, where they smuggled all of there equipment, but revealed that the gate doesn't work. The Spartans got to work.