Chapter 21

Jaune, thought disoriented at the fall and what just happened a few seconds ago, walked forward to pick up his MA5K from the ground. Around him was a vast mountain range covered in powdery snow, and the remnants of the Covenant super-carrier that Jorge had sacrificed himself to bring down.

Jaune walked and walked through the mountain range, past valleys and pools of water, and found himself at the edge of a forrest and a city, a city surrounded by the invading Covenant fleet.

New Alexandria, Eposz August 23, 2552 1534 hours

Jaune opened his palm and let Jorges dog-tags drop to his fingertips. He stored them in a pouch. Soon Jaune is seen sneaking through the city, wary of any Covenant forces. The streets were covered in bullets holes and plasma burns. Trees had no leaves, bodies scattered around everywhere, and building teetering on the edge of collapse. Smoke filled Jaune's fov, but somehow managed his way through the fog.

The streets were torn up, jagged edges everywhere. This is where jaune found his first batch of Covenant victims. Victims of his rampage. They fell like dominoes, as Jaune's rage at the loss of Jorge, mixed with the drugs instilled into him during the day that he got is augmentations meant that they stood no chance. A message came other the radio recommending that all survivors reach Traxis tower. There Jaune would be able to link up with any UNSC forces that still remained, and eventually, Noble team.

Jaune entered a building filled to the brim with suicide grunts. Using his MA5K, he cleared the building before going down a level.

Soon Jaune came across a group of five marines on the streets who were all stranded. Before anyone could ask questions, a squad of grunts and a Brute came out of nowhere and charged. Jaune, knowing the marines would get squashed in melee, rushed in blasting, before swapping to Crocea Mors to fight the Brute head on.

The Brute swung down with a mighty gravity hammer, but was unable to catch Jaune in the blast. Jaune swung Crocea Mors at one of its legs. Blood gushed out an it fell to its knees, now only having one leg left. Jaune slid on the flood to reach its head then swiftly decapitated it.

Systematically moving thought the tower, the six other them encountered wave after wave of Covenant, thought they couldn't do anything, not when five marines were blasting away and a Hyper Lethal Spartan trouncing them in melee.

When they reached the elevator, the elevator wouldn't respond, a cracking over one of the marine's radio said that the elevator was in use so they would have to hold out until the civilians on the elevator were extracted.

Wave after wave of Covenant forces came after them, but not once did any of the defenders falter. After several minutes passed, the waves stopped coming and the elevator worked once again.

The squad had to go down as they were needed there more, some ODSTs needed some help. When they arrived, their eyes were met with nothing but wires and support beams. There was no way to cross. But six convenient jetpacks were in place so that they could cross. When they did cross, they were instructed to reach the roof level.

They eventually reached roof level, where they said their goodbyes as this is where Jaune would be transported back to Noble Team, upon a Pelican transport.