Chapter 8

We cut to the two Pelicans next to a mountain range. Carter says into the mike, "Listen up Noble team, we're looking at a downed outpost fifty clicks from Vicegrad. Were gonna introduce ourselves to whoever took it out then Kat's gonna get it back online." Get me under the hood, Commander." Kat says. "Sir, why would rebels want to cut off Reach from the rest of the colonies?" Jorge asks. "You get a chance, maybe you can ask 'em, Jorge." replies Carter. "Commander, we just lost our signal with HQ" Kat reports. "Backup channels?" Carter asks. "Searching, nada. Can't say whats jamming us." Kat replies. "You heard her, dead zone confirmed. Command will not be keeping us company this trip." Carter states. "I'm lonely already." Emile quips. 

The stony mountains reveal a spherical area on the side of the cliffs. The two Pelicans approach it, revealing structures that look like they have been sieged. (I won't be writing any of the dialogue that isn't in cutscenes due to not having the words there to write) Jaune looks around ant takes it in. The communications outpost is revealed in the distance. There is a distress beacon near by. The Pelicans go forward to a hill close by and drop Noble team off. Jaune equipped his MA5K carbine and follows Emile all the way down the hill. Emile investigates the distress beacon. They soon discover that its a military beacon but wonder where are all the troopers. But there is no time to worry about that, as they discover a smoking building not to far from where they stand. Noble team sprints down the path until the arrive at the building on the cliffside. Jaune, along with Carter, search the house and make it to the courtyard, where a door opens and a man speaks to Noble team in Turkish. Emile tells the man to get on his knees, but Jorge tells him that they aren't rebels. He communicates with Jorge. The man reveals to Jorge that his son was killed while working in the fields by something. Noble team is forced to sprint. They reach a structure where they find two of the music troopers dead, interrogated most likely. Noble team moves through the building until Jun sees something move from outside where they are. It's the Covenant. 

Jaune blasts with his MA5K:

(I know that it's a mod but it's all I could find)

Carter orders Emile and Jaune to move down to the lower level, there Jaune throws a frag grenade, taking out most of the troops that were down there. Emile, Carter, and June quickly eliminate the rest of them. Jaune expertly takes down a few grounds with well placed bursts of fire. Noble team pushes ahead, when a Phantom forces then to take cover when it lays down pinning fire. A Pelican swooped down and focuses it down, taking it out along with all of its troops. 

Noble team moves down a hill and across a bridge, encountering covenant that are quickly taken care of. The Noble team crosses the bridge, another Phantom comes in and drops its troops, forcing Noble team into another firefight. Jaune focuses down the Elite that is surrounded by grunts. As Jaune breaks its shield, the Elite returns fire, damaging Jaune's shielding system, but not breaking it. Jaune is able to put a few bullets thought its head before dashing to cover to reload a new mag. 

Soon, the surviving grunts turn and flee, after seeing all of their comrades dead. Noble team finishes them and proceeds further. Another Phantom is seen overhead, dropping its load off then leaving, as Noble team moves to a ramshackle barn for cover. Once again, a firefight ensures, as Noble team promptly eliminates all of the Elites and Jackals with energy shields, before finishing off the remaining grunts. Emile and Kat split off to meet Jaune, Jorge, and Carter at the outpost. They soon discover a truck, Jaune hops into the driver seat, Carter takes shotgun, and Jorge get onto the back of the truck and places his machine gun on the room of the truck to stabilize it. 

Jaune drives them down a path, while Carter fires his MA37 and Jorge his M247H machine gun into the Covenant along the road. Jaune gets three kills with the truck. They soon encounter the rest of the trooper squad fending off Covenant forces. With the help of the Spartans, the troopers gun the Covenant down. A Pelican comes in to transport the Spartans and the remaining troopers.