Chapter 10

Jaune and Jorge activate their night vision in their helmets. Soon covenant forces are discovered and Jaune sneaks around while Jorge suppresses them with his M247H machine gun. Soon an Elite tries to seek up on Jaune, but Jaune quickly deflects the Elite's energy sword with Crocea Mors' shield and decapitates the alien. Jaune charges fewer to the next Elite. The Elite engages him. Seeing the failure of its brother in arms, it tries to stab Jaune, only for his sword to his the side of Crocea Mors' shield and slide past with all of the momentum, allowing Jaune an opportunity to cut of the Elite's sword arm and finish it off with a stab thought its heart. Blue blood now adorns Jaune's weapon. The grunts soon run it terror seeing their leaders quickly killed in melee. Jorge guns them down, preventing them from escaping.

They cross the hall and enter into a control room filled with computer systems. They rise and fall at random. Once again Jaune sneaks around, this time with his MA5K, while Jorge suppresses the Covenant forces. They stand no chance as Jaune singles out the Elite and swiftly destroyed his shields and puts two rounds into the Elite's head, dropping him. The grunts are no problem, they are taken care of. Jaune restarts a  junction. 

"How long?" Carter asks. "Question of my life." Kat quips. "If the question is when will this station be back online, two weeks earliest." "This is plasma damage. All major uplinks are fried." "Two minutes is two long." Carter states. "Which is why I'm splicing into the main overland bundle to get you a direct line to Colonel Holland." Kat responds Carter backs away, as he is in her light. "Find out what she knows." Carter commands. Jorge and the girl, named Sara, Jaune assumes as she said the name Sara, communicate with echoer in Hungarian. 

"Signal!" "It's patchy, but it's there." Kat exclaims. "I'll take it." Carter says. "Best not touch anything. You wouldn't want to ground this place. All of Noble team leaves except for Carter. "I'm barley getting you. What is your situation? Over." Holland says patchily. "Colonel, this is Noble One, there are no rebels. The Covenant are on Reach. Acknowledged?" Carter states. "I'm sorry, did you say Covenant?" "Affirmative, it's the Winter Contingency." 

"May God help us all..."