Chapter 20

Covenant Occupied Space, Reach Orbit 

"Target Corvette sighted within visual range of nav beacon RA-15." Auntie Dot reports as a Covenant Corvette comes into sight. "We have visual, target confirmed."All of Saber team sound off, letting command know that they are ok, and charge at the Corvette. The Corvette deployed Banshees Seraphs, and Wraiths to stop them. The second dogfight ensues. The engines on the Corvette are weak and Saber team is quick to point this out. Soon, even thought the Covenant try their best to defend, the engines are destroyed, allowing Noble Six to land onto of the carrier to board it.

]Jaune lands on the platform with no issues, but encountered resistance. Jaune and the marines apart of Sabre team soon joined in on the fight. Jaune leading with Crocea Mors and Marines blasting at whatever is infant of them. As soon as Jaune gets into engagement range, all hope for the defenders id thrown out the window, and Jaune slices, chops, cuts, and kills his way through the ranks, moving towards the hangar. Jaune soon finds the hangar and disables the shields that was preventing a Pelican access in. Now the Pelican is in, dropping off more marines and Jorge. "Powder keg is aboard Colonel." Jorge reports. "Copy that, Six, get your fir team to the bridge. The Corvette's refueling run will half to be initiated manually." Holland commands "Yes sir." Jaune replies. "Five, stay with the bomb and discourage the curious." Holland commands to Jorge. "My pleasure." Jorge responds. "Hear that Lieutenant, I'll be all on my lonesome back here. Make it quick would ya." Jorge says. "Right." Jaune responds as he walks to the marines, ready to go. 

Jaune and the marines push deeper into the Corvette, where the encounter resistance. Jaune leaps from cover to cover while the marines pin down the Covenant forces stationed aboard the Corvette. Very soon, Jaune starts to engage in melee combat. Purple and blue blood stain the odd purple walls of the Corvette.

Jaune and the marines soon reach the panel to activate the refueling sequence. Soon the refueling sequence is initiated, and Jaune with the marines rush back to the hangar.Soon, they reach the hangar where the see Jorge blasting at some Covenant troops who wanted to give him some company. Jaune and the marines rush in and start blasting. The Covenant send wave after wave of forces to destroy the bomb, but it's useless, as they are only sent into a blender. Jaune setting up ambush positions, while Jorge pines them down. The Covenant waves soon start to slow down, seeing that they are getting nowhere. 

"Distance is closing in on this vessel's refueling track with the Covenant super-carrier. Seventy-six seconds to endpoint." Auntie Dot reports. "Dammit!" Jorge practically yells. "So, it's going to be like that huh?" Jorge hits the machine. "Well, I've got god news and bad news. This bird took some fire and her thruster gimbal is toast. Which means the only way off this slag heap is gravity." "And the good news?" Jaune asks hopefully. "That was the good news..." "at current velocity, fifty-three seconds seconds to endpoint." Aunty Dot reports. "Yeah yeah yeah..." Jorge takes off his helmet. It clatters to the ground "Bad news is, the timer's fried, I'm going to half to fire this thing manually." "Thats a one way trip." We all make it sooner or later. Better get going Jaune, they're going to need you down there." "Listen Jaune, Reach has been good to me, the time has come for me to return the favor." Jorge takes off his dog-tags and thrusts into Jaune's hands. "Don't deny me this." Jorge pike him up and take shim to the edge of the ship. 

"Tell them to make it count."

Jorge throws Jaune off the ship. Jaune floats back down to Reach through space. Not long after, the ship explodes in a blue explosion. 

Jaune doesn't see this but Jorge puts his helmet back on and detonates the bomb. A small slipspace portal appears behind him due to the bomb, and sucks him in.

"Slipspace rupture detected." Aunty dot reports. Jaune then sees an entire fleet of Covenant ships appear.