Chapter 15

Jaune, Jun, and the local militia traveled down a small, hidden riverbed that lead to the dam. A Phantom roared overhead and the team dived for cover, lest they are spotted. Soon the dam came into view.

The dam looked like an other dam, but it had a Covenant structure on it. Jun reports this to Kat. She orders it gone. In order to do this, all Covenant defenses must be neutralized. Jun again provides covering fire along with the militia while Jaune gets in. Targeting the Elites has become something of a habit to Jaune as he feels he has done this hundreds of times. Maybe he has. And again, the Elites stand no chance. Hack, block, slash, stab, sweep, bash, dodge, dismember, it's all instinct to Jaune at this point. Once all of the Elites are eliminated he finishes off all of the Jackals and grunts thought, most have lead in fear and terror at what Jaune did to their commanding officers. 

Even with a Phantom coming and dropping more reinforcements, the Covenant stand no chance. Whenever Jaune's energy shields drop, an unknown whiteish shield appears, blocking all damage done, not to mention Crocea Mors' shield blocking all fire no matter how powerful or how numerous. They simply had no chance. All killed by Jaune in melee of Jun's overwatch. Jun places the charges. They are ordered to push further into the dark zone. 

A gate prevents them from pushing further, thought there is a keypad that Jun opens up. Another Phantom transport arrives and drops off all its troops. They all meet the same fate as they comrades in arms. Multiple turrets are armed, preventing the group from advancing. Jaune switches to his MA5K and starts to fire away at the grunts manning them. Nothing really noteworthy happens as all of the turrets along the path are swiftly taken out when spotted. Soon they walk towards a cliff face and peer whats beyond it.

They have found what they are looking for. "Jackpot. Transmitting visual. You seeing this Kat?" Jun copies. "Confirmed. Receiving Noble Three and Noble Six's live visual of a Covenant strike force." Kat affirms. "Thats no strike force, thats an invading army! If were going to smother this thing we need to go in hard and fast." Jun replies. "Agreed, all recon teams disengage and fall back. The sun will be up in a few hours and it's going to get messy." Kat orders.