Chapter 9

The Pelican flies off to Kat and Emile's position. Jaune turns and sees them pinned by Covenant fire Jaune, Jorge, Carter, and the troopers hop out and rush to Kat and Emile's aid. Many Jackals with shield stopped forward, but were quickly gunned down. Kat rushes to the door trying to close it, but is stuck. The Covenant take this as an opportunity.

Once again, a Phantom drops its payload and leaves, forcing Noble  team to deal with them. Soon the Covenant overwhelm them, just as Kat is able to close the door. Inside the outpost, its dark with some orange light revealing very little of their surroundings. Noble team is forced to use night vision. 

Noble team soon encounters a dead body. Jaune goes to investigate. "Where is the rest of your unit?" Carter asks a wounded trooper. Apparently they didn't rescue all of the troopers. "We got split, I don't think they... it sounded bad on the comms." the trooper responded. "Alright Corporal, stay put. We will get you a combat medic." "Damm plasma damage!" Kat says, trying to repair a comms link. "Found something." Jaune says. "I'll take that Jaune, not your domain." as Kat snatches it out of Jaune's hand. 

"I've got a live one over here!" as Jorge holds a girl's arm. She says something in Hungarian. Jorge tries to calm her down. "Jorge..." Carter starts. "I got her." Jorge interrupts. "Keep still and I'll release you." Jorge says to the girl. She responds in Hungarian. 

Out of nowhere Zealot class Elites jump out of vents . One slashes at Jorge but misses. Emile asks over comms "What's your status?" "We've been engaged!" says Jorge. One Elite charges the three standing Spartans. Its shieds breaks, but not before shoving Jaune and knocking him to the floor as the Elite runs into the darkness. Another Elite comes in and tries to finish of Jaune, but gets a serving of fist to the face. Carter knocks the Elite off Jaune and slides his MA5K to him. The Elite runs into the darkness. The last Elite takes the girl hostage as it backs up. "That tango blew past me. Permission to pursue?" Emile asked. "Negative, Four stay on the entrance, Two handle her, Five and Six, clear the hole." Jaune and Jorge entered where the girl was seen taken by the Elites. Jorge closes the door behind them.