Chapter 02

AVA

I look from the corner as they keep kicking the man, my mind wanders on how I can save him.

I fumble my jeans pocket and grab my phone and dial the emergency number but before I could actually dial, I see the man holding a gun.

Shivers pass through me as I remember the gun, the gold one, it was the same on Alexander had, she same one he pressed on me.

My fingers tremble and the urge to hide increases. I shiver as I look at the scene in front of me.

Alexander points the gun at the weak man in front of him and places his hand on the trigger ready to kill him.

"NO!", I scream jumping from behind the dustbin, as I push the dustbin behind, it falls down and the contents inside spill

Alexander lowers his gun and turns around to see me, and I knew he immediately recognizes me. He raises his brow with a smirk on his lips

"Y - you can't take someone's life", I stutters out clutching onto my apron as fear engulfs me, I have second thoughts as well

"W – wha-", the man next to Alexander shouts but his voice is cut off when another gun shot is heard and he falls down with a hole on his forehead.

Before I could understand the situation around me the man who was kneeling, was now standing and he grabs hold of my wrist pulls me with him as he runs into the car with a bunch of other men.

I look back to see Alexander who is watching me with a smirk on his face, he blows a flying kiss towards my direction.

The man pulls me inside the car followed by other men, I take deep breaths and notice there were weapons and bottles of alcohol in the car.

I look at the hand still holding my wrist, and turn to see the man who had pulled me with him.

The man had chiseled features and intense, brooding eyes, he looks tall, about 6'2".

His dark, wavy hair falls just above his shoulders, the man lets go of my wrist and takes a hair band and puts his hair up in a man bun, adding to his mysterious allure.

His suit was dirtied and there were drops of blood. He takes deep breaths and takes the water bottle, drinking it all.

He places the bottle down and looks at the man in front of him, "Fottutamente idiota, cosa ci hai messo così tanto a venire?", he cracks his neck (Fucking idiot, what took you so long to come?)

The man in front of him bows down, "Mi dispiace capo", the man next to me hums and turns around and look at me. (sorry boss)

I fidget my fingers and look away from him, but he grabs hold of my jaw and turns me around to look at him.

His face is so close to mine and I can feel his breath on me, he breaths onto my face before he speaks, "È ora di dormire, bella", he presses a piece of cloth onto my face and I blackout. (time to sleep beautiful)

~~~

"Come ha ottenuto l'informazione? »(How did he get the information?)

"Vi do un lavoro per la prima volta ed è così che lo fate!"(I give you guys a job for the first time and this is how you guys do it!)

"Devo fare ogni cazzo di cosa qui!", a glass break, "Perché cazzo vi sto pagando tutti? Gratis?" (I have to do every fucking thing here! Why the fuck am I paying all of you? For free?)

"Almeno abbiamo la ragazza" (Atleast we got the girl)

"L'oggetto principale era la ragazza e abbiamo preso il suo capo" (The main object was the girl and we got her boss)

"NON RISPONDERMI!" (Do not talk back to me!)

I snuggle into the pillow but the voices outside isn't helping, the bed was so soft that I am melting in it.

I lift my head and turn the pillow to cool side and place my head back an trying to find my sleep once again.

BANG

I shot up and sit down to the sound of the gun shot, "Alexander", his name passes my lips as I remember everything.

I look around the luxurious room,

I throw the sheets and rush to the door only for it to be opened on its own, I move backwards as I see an old woman

She looks up at me in a surprise, "Your awake", she says, "Sit down, I'll call boss", she says before turning her heels and walking away.

I let out a sigh and go back to the bed and sit down, there were so many thoughts in my head but I was sure the man I saw earlier wouldn't hurt me.

After all I saved his life.

The sound of footsteps was heard and I looked towards he door waiting for the man to come and he arrives with another man next to him.

The man smiles and takes a seat next to me, his scent invading my space, "Are you feeling well?", his deep voice with a thick Italian accent almost brings me to my knees.

I nod in response already intimidated by him, "I am glad", he smiles and looks at the other man.

Before he could talk, I decided to, "Can I leave?", I wanted to go away from here, to home and it already seems like it's morning.

The man chuckles and so does the other man who is standing next to him, "Ma chéri, I am Lorenzo Moretti, the Italian mafia". (My darling)

I gasp loudly, "And no, you can't leave till I say so".