Chapter 10

LORENZO

I watched Sarah, my beautiful wife run across the garden with our two-month-old son.

It's been two years since we got married. I met her when I went to her university for an event and she caught my eye.

For almost a year I tried to gain her attention and when I finally did, I was the happiest man alive. I married her as soon as possible.

She always talked about her family, but she wasn't ready to introduce me to them. She always said they wouldn't approve my job.

No one would approve killing as a job.

But I was willing to do anything, and today evening she managed to make her father meet me. She was exited and I was nervous.

"Baby", she comes to me, slightly panting, my son who is in her arms blabbering god knows what.

"I love you", I blurt out looking at her face, a smile forms on her face, he pink lips stretching and her brown eyes twinkling.

"I love you too", she leans in and peck my lips but before she can pull away, I place my hand on the back of her neck deepening the kiss.

~~~

I gasp as I wake up. Frustrated I run a hair through my hair messing my already messed hair. I look at the photo frame I am holding.

Tears fill my eyes as I see Sarah smiling while I stand next to her with our son in my arms. It was the first and last family picture we took.

I wipe my tears as I hear a knock on the door, "Come in", I say placing the photo frame on the desk.

My assistant walks in, he bows at me, "Daniel is here, capo", he says. (boss)

"Let him in", I say and make my coat, and shirt

"Che cosa?", I say as soon I as I see Daniel walking in whistling. (What?)

"Why so mad?", he takes a seat on the sofa, "Can't I visit my best friend?", he says and I roll my eyes.

"The goods came", he says and I nod at him, "So I though we both can go and get it together".

"Yeah sure", I say taking my phone and texting my assistant to get the driver ready to go.

"The girl, Lorenzo....", Daniel trails off and I peel my eyes off my phone and look at him with my eyebrows raised.

"What about her?", I say and Daniel shrugs his shoulders like its nothing. He likes to poke into my businesses.

"Nothing", he trails off and looks at me wanting to say more.

"Go on", I say already knowing he isn't done with what ever he is saying, "Just say it Danny", I tease him with his nickname with a smirk on my face.

He groans throwing his head back, "Can I see her?", he says.

"Why would you want to see her?", I ask him my voice surprised.

"Just want to see the girl who took money from you", he says with a smirk on his face, "Your problem is mine, that's the mantra. The code".

"Okay", I say and stand up from the seat and button up my suit, "Let's first get the goods". I walk towards the door with him followed.

~~~

I arrived at the warehouse to see the men all unloading the boxes. They stopped and walked over when they saw me come.

"How many boxes are there?", I ask placing my gun on the table and sitting on the chair, my men all standing in a row in front of me with their head down.

"Sixteen, Capo", one of them answers and I nod, taking the gun back to my hand and taking the safety off.

"What about the four more?", I say caressing the gun with my other hand. My men already whispering to each other.

"Capo", one of them steps front, "there were only sixteen when we unloaded from the ship", he says and the others nods.

"Non è quello che ho sentito", I click the gun and point at the man who just spoke to me. (that's not what I heard)

"C - capo", he stutters taking a step back, the other men freezing at the sight. I don't think twice and pass a bullet in between his eyes.

He falls back and the others gasp moving behind, and some start wiping the blood that splattered on their body.

"Dove sono le altre quattro scatole?", I ask clicking the gun once again. (where are the other four boxes?)

None of them answer and I stand up, sighing. I run my free hand through my hair, Daniel comes over to me.

"Non riesco a trovare i quattro", he whispers in my ear (I can't seem to find the four)

I clench my jaw at the unloyalty of my men, I shoot each and every one of them standing straight in between their eyes.

"Fottuti traditori", I mutter putting my gun back in its holder, (Fucking traitors)

I walk out of the warehouse and signal my assistant to come over, "Find out who took the rest of the boxes", I say and get into my car.

Before the driver can drive off, I roll the window and say my assistant, "And tell the maid to send a box to Ava at 9 today and she should be in the room at 10 and make sure she eats a lot"