Chapter 17

AVA

It's been a month and I've been drowning myself in work ever since I've left, more like after he practically threw me out.

There wasn't a day I never thought of him, I miss him and a part of me started to like him after the intimate night we shared.

Even though he moaned another woman's name, the love and care he held, I wish it was for me.

"A water for table two", Jake the manager shouts at me and I grab a glass of water running to the table. I sigh looking at the man in front of me.

He smiles at me when I place the glass of water on the table, more like slam it, and half of it spills on the table but who cares.

"That is not how you treat a customer", the man speaks just as I was about to walk away, with playfulness in his tone.

"Sorry sir", I give him a hateful smile and wipe the table with the rag cloth I have on my apron.

"Ava", he stops me again as I am just about to walk from his table, I groan clenching on my wrists, and turn around.

I grit my teeth and look at him, he smiles at me the sweetest smile, it would melt any girl but after what I experienced? No.

"Yes sir", I take my notepad, "Would you like anything?", I click my pen ready to write his order, ignoring his stare.

"You", I choke on thin air at the man's word.

"That's not on the menu", I say and look at him with a bored look, can't he stop this is the eight time he's done this.

"Ava please", he stands up and holds my wrist, the people start looking over at us and start whispering.

I groan, "Gabriel please", I look at him with pleading eyes to stop whatever he is doing. Isn't he tired already?

"Ava please", he says showing his puppy eyes, "All I am asking is for one date", he says. The whispers get loud and I notice Jake looking at us.

I grab Gabriel's hand and pull him outside of the restaurant.

At first Gabriel was one of the customers but after he saw me once he has been hitting on me ever since. Not even once wavering.

Its an A for effort.

"Gabriel, I said no", I say him, hoping he would understand my situation. I didn't want to date anyone, at least not yet.

"Ava, just once", he pleads, still not giving up, "Just once is all I ask, after that if you don't like it, I'll back off", he raises his hands in defense.

I sigh, my shoulder in a slump, "Fine", a huge smile forms on Gabriel's face, "But, if I say no after that, you have to leave me alone?".

"Okay, that's a promise", Gabriel says, he hands me his phone, "Number?", he says and I dial mine.

"Tomorrow is Sunday, and I know it's your off day", he takes his phone from his hands, "Dinner?", he asks with a glint in his eyes.

"Okay", I say and smile at him, maybe he isn't bad as I thought, Gabriel smiles, making me feel warm, he leans in and places a kiss on my cheek.

I look at him surprised and he walks away to his car, driving away.

~~~

I look at the dress in the mirror, my mom smiles at me. She chooses the dress when I said I have a date.

Dad was reluctant at first but mom convinced him, dad was happy at least I said him beforehand.

"You look pretty darling", my mom complements me handing me my purse, 

"Thank you, mom,", I say as I grab the purse from her and wear my black pumps

"Thank you, mom,", I say as I grab the purse from her and wear my black pumps. My dad walks in and looks over at me.

"You look gorgeous, princess", my dad compliments as he walks in, "He has arrived", he says and I thank him before walking out.

"Next time bring him in", my mom says before I walk out, I blush at their words, as I see Gabriel leaning against his car.

He is wearing a white shirt, with the first two buttons unbuttoned, paired with black pants and black loafers.

His hair was in messy yet neat state, he looks at me when I walk over and his eyes lit up.

"You look pretty", he compliments, and kisses my cheek, my cheeks going red instantly. I mumble a thank you under my breath.

I wish he was Lorenzo

~~~

"Thank you for the meal", I wipe my mouth with the napkin and follow Gabriel outside of the restaurant.

He took us both to an expensive restaurant, he said he was a COO of his father's company with his brother who was a CEO.

He said a lot about him, like his favorite food, color, place, person, and dislikes as well. He was a friendly person.

The whole time I compared him to Lorenzo, my mind kept saying to stop but my heart continues to do so.

A part of me wished he was Lorenzo as he was the only man I was with, and a part of me yearns for me. I wished things were different

We walk out and see a bunch of men outside, all dressed in black. Gabriel places his hand protectively on my waist.

"What's going on?", he mumbles under her breath. A man walks over to us and his grip around me tightens.

"Mr. Westwood", he calls Gabriel and he looks confused, "Mr. Moretti wants to talk to the both of you".

I stiffen and we both see Lorenzo walk over to us. Lorenzo sees Gabriel's hands on my waist and his jaw clenches and I notice it.

Did someone hear my thoughts?

"Hello Ava", he smiles at me and I look at him surprised.

He looks at Gabriel, his eyes cold, "First of all I suggest you take your hand off Ava"