Chapter 31

LORENZO

I groan as I wake up and look around, it wasn't a dream, Ava is gone, my head hurts so does my heart.

Ava left, and I looked at Sarah's pictures. She finally knows, something I dreaded. And she ran away from me.

I get to my feet and walk to the bathroom, I look at myself in the mirror, I look like I've lost everything, haven't it?

I chuckle at my state and stand under the cold shower.

~~~

I walk to my study and see Daniel and Alexander inside. They look at me tensed. "Ava knows the truth", I say and sit down.

"Lo -", Daniel was about to call me but the door opens and my guards walk in. Before they could walk in, I see a man walk in.

I get up from my seat, I see Sarah's father, he was in front of me, a mess. He looks tired and his eyes were blood shot red.

"I – it's too late to say sorry", he says and he pulls his hand from behind, a little boy, who looked just like me and Sarah.

"Leon", I whisper recognizing my son, my son who I thought left me all alone, "Leon!", I run to him.

He looks at her father and he nods, Leon walks over to me, taking small steps and when he is closer, I hug him.

My son, our baby, he is alive.

"He is alive", I place my hands on my sons' cheeks and caress him, he looks healthy, he has honey – blonde hair, Sarah's hair with a mix of mine, jet black hair.

His eyes were brown, like Sarah's. I kiss his forehead and hug him tight, scared he might disappear if I blink.

"I couldn't get rid of him", Sarah's father says, "I see my daughter in him", he says, "I raised him up in my basement".

"Questo spiega perché non siamo riusciti a trovarlo", Darold say and looks at my son, (That explains why we couldn't find him)

"Ava didn't know", he says and I look at him, taking my son in my arms and place him on my waist. "I lied to her and my wife".

"I lied to them that Sarah ran away, I didn't want them to know I killed my own daughter, they will never forgive me".

"Now they know anyways", he says and looks away, "Ava loves you", he says and my heart skips a beat.

"And I know you love Sarah, but she is gone", he lets out a bitter chuckle, "But Ava is alive, and she is in love with you even if she hasn't realized it yet".

"She would be a perfect mom for Leon", he says and I couldn't agree more.

"She ran away home last night", he says and I start to worry for her, "She screamed at me, and pushed me away, something she never did".

"Ava is innocent, and pure", he kneels down, "please look after my daughter, and I hope you forgive me one day".

He stands to his feet, "I raised Leon, telling him about his parents, he knows you are his father and his mom is Sarah", he says and I feel grateful he did that.

"Thank you", I say and he turns around and walks out of the office and my house.

~~~

"Daddy", Leon calls for me, his voice soft and sweet just like Sarah's, I look at him and tuck him on to the bed.

"Grandpa said mommy is gone", he says holding the sheets, his eyes tired.

We've been spending time the rest of the day together, I never left Leon's side, I pushed my work aside to spend time with him.

He was four years old, just like I calculated, I could never forget the day he was born, Sarah and I are blessed by him.

He has grown up to a humble kid, her father had done a great job at raising him. My son spoke about Sarah, he had shown him pictures.

He had taught him to speak, write, read, and walk. He has raised him better than I can. And I'll be forever grateful for that.

Leon said, he had told we were abroad for work and will come visit him, Leon had been in his basement ever since he took him away from him.

My little boy hasn't seen the outside world, and this was the first time he had gone outside.

I took him to the garden and gave him a tour of my house, he was excited at every single thing he saw.

After all, he was confined inside four walls in all his life.

"I know", I caress his hair, "But she loves you so much and she is watching us from above", I say, confronting the little boy.

"Grandpa said the same", he says his eye lids closing.

"I love you, Leon", I kiss his forehead and watch him sleep, Daniel walks in as soon as my son starts to snore.

"I hope I get to take him tomorrow", he says as he looks at Leon's sleeping figure.

"Sure, just make sure you don't take your eyes off him.", he says and Daniel nods, he sits on the edge of Leon's bed.

"What about Ava?", he asks and I freeze, I don't know what I am going to say her, even if I said my feeling were genuine would she believe me?

"We have to find her", I say, "Just her whereabouts", I want to give her space, it's her sister who passed away and her husband who now has feelings for her.

I have no idea how I am going to sort this mess.