Chapter 37

AVA

I groan and wake up after my nap in the evening, remembering morning's events, my family is broken, we were so happy years ago.

But after Sarah left, nothing was the same.

The door of my room opens and my mom walks in with bags in her hands, I look at the brands and I wonder why she has them.

"Ava, I hope you rested well", she says and places the bags on the edge of the bed, "Lorenzo's driver is waiting for you down stairs".

My eyebrows cross, why would he send his driver?

"Wear the clothes inside, he bought them for you", she says and points the bags she kept, "Call me and I'll help you with the makeup".

"But -", I look at the bags in confusion, "Why mom?", I ask her clearly not understanding the situation.

"Lorenzo is taking you out", she says and I sigh, "he asked me permission and why not? I said yes", she giggles.

"Ask permission for what?", I eye her suspiciously, why would someone need parent's permission for a date after going on one already and impregnating her?

"Just get ready", she says and rushes out before I can ask her more. I look at the bags and push the sheets off me.

I walk to the end of my bed and open the bags to see a dress along with shoes and I take the familiar thin box out.

I click open the box and I see a note, "It belongs to you", I see the red heart necklace, which he bought me on my birthday.

I keep it on my dressing table and go in for a shower, I shave and shower doing all the things I have to. I wrap the towel around me and walk out.

I take the blow dry and dry my hair and I look into the bag and take the white simple lace lingerie out. Did he buy this on his own?

I remove my towel and wear the underwear and then the bra clipping it on, it's perfect on my chest indicating he bought my size.

Next, I take the dress out and look for the price tag but it's missing, he probably cut it out knowing I'll see it.

I wear the dress and look in the mirror,

The dress was perfect, it hugged my curves like a second skin

The dress was perfect, it hugged my curves like a second skin. I remember something he had written in his diary and my smile vanishes.

He said white was Sarah's color, is that why he chooses this dress? Because the color reminds him of Sarah?

Does he be with me because I remind him of Sarah?

"Ava", my mom walks in and I gulp in my tears, "You look beautiful", she says and makes the frills of the sleeves.

"The shoes", she pulls out the box and takes the shoes out and places them on the floor, 

I wear them ignoring the pain in my heart, my mom helps me wear light make up and she combs my hair parting it from middle

She lets it flow down to my waist, in my natural waves and she finishes by applying the red ruby lipstick.

I open the thin box, in which the necklace was and I give it to my mom, "Is that from him as well?", she asks taking the necklace from my hands.

She pushes my hair aside and I help her by holding it, she puts it on my neck and clips it on, I look at myself in the mirror.

"Sarah would have loved to see you like this", she says and I nod, my eyes filled with tears.

"She will always be looking out for you", she says and I give her a smile and look out of the window to see the full moon and the stars shining brightly.

Sarah is my guardian angel.

~~~

The driver arrived at the destination and he opens the door for me extending his hand, I take his hand and carefully walk out.

"Follow the path Ms. Summers", he says and gets back in the car and drives away.

I hold the dress a little but higher so I don't trip and fall, and I follow the path leading into the mansion.

The guards open the gates for me and my eyes widen at the new mansion in front of me, 

I walk in the path just like the driver said and I see candles lit making a path as well, I walk carefully so I don't burn my dress

I reach the place and I see Lorenzo standing in the front space, in front of the house, the whole place filled with red roses,

He had a bouquet of red roses in his hands and he extends it towards me, I take it and mumble a thank you.

I look around to see the magnificent place and I turn to Lorenzo, "Lo -", my words get stuck on my throat when I see him.

"I am not someone who likes to wait, and I am not much used to read out paragraphs so, here we go"

He is one knee down, with a box opened in his hand which had a ring, "Will you marry me Ava?"