Chapter 23

AVA

Its been a day, Lorenzo did not contact me, he sent me a couple of texts asking how I was but we didn't talk anything else.

Are we an item now?

I kept working, and continue to collect as much as money I can in my gap year so I can study the next year peacefully.

I pack my bags, and keep the apron in the locker. My throat gets dry and I cough.

I walk back to the kitchen for a glass of water but when I opened the door the lights were off and I looked for the light switch.

I place my hands on the wall, searching for it, its pitch-black dark in here, I wonder where the others are.

I finally find the switch and when I click it, "SURPRISE!!!", all my co workers and the chefs were holding all clapping.

Someone busted something and a bunch of glitter and glitter paper fell on me. I gasped looking at them.

They were holding a banner that said, 'Happy Birthday'. Its my birthday? Oh my god! It's my birthday!

I've totally forgotten, I see my coworkers holding a strawberry cake, my favorite, and I gasp when a pair of arms circle my waist.

"Happy Birthday, Principessa", his deep voice reaches my ears and he kiss my neck. I turn around and see Lorenzo. (princess)

He was wearing an all-black suit, with a huge red bouquet of roses in his arms, I jump on him and hug him tightly.

"Thank you", I kiss his lips, "Thank you so much", he holds me tightly with one of his arms, while I am in the air hugging him.

"Anything for my principessa", he kisses me deep and hard, I almost moan into his mouth, but he pulls away with a smirk.

We cut the cake, and Lorenzo had me wrapped in his arms the whole time, my coworkers were jealous of him and they kept teasing me.

They kept asking why I hadn't told them, but how can I tell that he never asked? And it's not like I had any close friends.

I kept most of the things to myself, I can't believe my coworkers did this to me, I felt special.

I haven't had many friends, only Sarah. But after she left, I kept things to myself. I couldn't open up, and I found difficulty in doing so.

"So boyfriend?", James the head chef nudges me and hands me a apple juice and I take it from him.

"Yeah", I mumble, James is one of the nicest person in the restaurant. He has helped me countless times and a good friend too.

"He seems nice", he says and looks over at Lorenzo who is talking with the other and I follow his eyes.

"He is a business man?". he looks at me and then back at Lorenzo with a hint of doubt in his eyes and I take a sip of the apple juice.

"Yeah", he hums at my answer and take a sip from his drink and looks at me.

"You want to spend the rest of you life with him?", he asks me and I freeze at his words, my fingers tighten the glass.

"You should know", he says and takes a sip of his drink, "You should feel the spark", he says and turns towards me.

"There is a spark inside you, and you feel it when you are with the one", he says and I look at Lorenzo.

Will I feel the spark with him? I never felt it till now.

"You won't feel it instantly", he says when he notices me looking at Lorenzo.

"You feel it at a moment", he says, "At the moment you very least expect it", he says.

"And when you do", he smiles, "You know he is the one for you".

~~~

Lorenzo pulls my wrist, and I look at him, my thoughts breaking, "Let's go", he whispers in my ear pulling me up.

I look at everyone enjoying and walks, following Lorenzo. He walks out of the restaurant and opens his car out for me.

"Get in", he gestures me and I get in, he walks over to the other side and gets in, strapping himself.

"Where are we going?", I ask him as I seem him starting his engine, "For your birthday gift", he says and starts to drive.