THE LORE

—In the beginning, Adam walked the Earth with his first wife Lilith.

—When Lilith grew apart from Adam, she took their son Theon and parted ways with him.

—Adam's second wife Eve, bore him children to fill the Earth and for a time, all was right with humankind.

—Of all Eve's children, Cain and Abel were the first. Cain was strong and corageous while Abel was known far and wide for his beauty.

—Of his parents, Cain favored most his mother, Eve. Eve favored her son Abel. Abel only favored himself.

—One day, the first of Eve's sons could not come to an agreement. One day, Cain rose up against Abel and bled him under the midday Sun.

—The Sun God Surya, was not pleased with Cain for the crime against his own kin.

—"Look, Selene. See the humans you adore so. See there is no kindness left in them."

—Cain was cursed by the Sun God, who did not wish to lay eyes upon his kind ever again, lest he take their essence and reduce them to ash.

—At the time Cain had been cursed, Lilith retired to the Underworld, leaving Theon to fend for himself.

—One dark night, the moon came to see the boy whose song had caused her to fall. That night, the sons of Cain grew stronger.

—Theon was shivering, cold and blue, when the Goddess found him, and the Moon fell in love with his song.

—To save the boy, Selene struck down her beloved companion, the great wolf Kair, and lay down its pelt to coax him back to life.

—Theon's bloodline was blessed with the form of powerful wolves who would sing of their Goddess' sacrifice on each full moon.

—The sons of Theon were blessed with a love so true it would transcend all of time, tethering the souls of a Great Wolf and his first love.

—The great wolf Theon, spent centuries defeating monsters of old so humanity could thrive.

—When Theon battled the great beast, the earth shook and the moon cried blood.

—Theon was victorious over the great beast and his dying song met the Goddess' ears.

—The shaman nursed Theon back to life and was imbued with the moon's power, her abilities multiplied tenfold and her bloodline produced the first of witches.

—The witches swore loyalty to Theon and borrowed him their power in times of need.

—The children of Cain despised the children of Theon, for they were highly favored, their society thriving both in the sunlight and even more so in the light of the moon.

—The children of Cain unveiled the mysteries of magic.

—Rumors spread of a forbidden ritual—the "Bloodmoon Rite" to reverse Surya's curse.

—The Children of Theon forged an unholy covenant with witches, The Lunar Pact; to protect the delicate balance between dark and light.

—The Lunar Witches laid a dark spell to Theon's bloodline, a deterrent to creatures of the night.

—When the children of Cain rose up against the children of Theon, they were quickly defeated and so they retreated into the darkness, building their societies in the shadows of mankind.

—Centuries passed, and Mankind grew ever more fearful of the wolves and their guardian witches, who agreed to separate their world, thereby erecting a magical barrier.

—As time flowed like the river of eternity, the children of Theon watched over mankind, their existence shrouded in mystery, relegated to legends and myths.

—Thus, Mankind went about its daily life, unaware of the supernatural forces that lurked just a world away.