25. THE NEW HIGH SCORE

—The Lunar Witches laid a dark spell to Theon's bloodline, a deterrent to creatures of the night

[ALEX]

WHEN SATURDAY ROLLED around, I woke up to a text from Mom that her trip with Jackson and Candice would be delayed for a few more days.

No problem! That just gave me more time to be a bum and laze around the house and, when I could, annoy Tristan to death.

I was bored out of my mind and there was literally nothing I wanted to do but annoy Tristan until Emette would come to pick me up.

I couldn't find him anywhere, though.
But his car was still in the driveway, so I knew he hadn't left home.

I passed his room, then his game-room, then the spare bedroom that separated us and I was about to enter my room when I paused.

So that's where the little bugger's been hiding!

I skipped over to the game-room door and pushed it open, not bothering to knock since I knew he hated when people barged in on him.

I was secretly hoping to catch him in an embarrassing situation if we're being completely honest. I badly needed something to blackmail him with so he could shut up about my "granny panties".

"Do you not know what 'keep out' means?"

I looked at the note glued to the door before ripping it off, crushing it in my palm and tossing it over my shoulder.

I then closed the door behind me with a smile.

Tristan was glaring at me so hard you'd think his face was stuck that way permanently.

Perfect.

"Annoying," He mumbled to himself.

He was sitting cross-legged on the floor, his torso half turned to me, wearing nothing but cargo shorts. His toned back had me averting my gaze.

What is it with this boy and being shirtless?

He was gripping the game controller tightly between his long fingers that were flicking over the different buttons at light speed and before him I could see a wave of zombies on multiple screens.

"Oh cool, I love zombies!" I grinned, "Can I play?"

"No," He snarled, "Get out."

I pouted before flopping down on the soft carpeting. I was barefoot and the carpet felt like a cloud under me, "But it's so bougie in here."

The room was painted white with black trimmings and had a black wall to wall carpet that was so soft I felt like I was under a spell as I dug my fingertips into it. There was a long white L shaped couch that ran along the length of the wall and two snack dispensers were in one corner.