21. THE ROGUE

—The children of Cain despised the children of Theon, for they were highly favored, their society thriving both in the sunlight and even more so in the light of the moon

[ALEX]

A FEW HOURS after Tristan made "the call" I was sitting alone at the top of the stairs, drunken couples staggering by me.

Emette had found a few of his friends and went to hang with them and Tristan was making rounds, stopping and chatting with everyone like he knew them all personally.

Is that what it means to be popular?
If so, it looked exhausting.

Music blared from the surround sound speakers all over the large house and I sighed, dropping my head in my hands.

All I wanted was to watch a damn horror movie but no—

"Why so glum, sugarplum?"

I looked up to see Tristan with his eyebrows raised, looking down at me and I scowled, "This is getting out of hand. Jackson never said you could have a party in-"

"But-" Tristan cut me off before I could finish, "He never said I couldn't either."

I shook my head and he came to sit beside me. We sat there for a while just watching people dance and throw up on the rug.

"I'm not cleaning that," I said.

"Me neither," He grinned before taking a swig of whatever he had in his cup.

I rolled my eyes and he leaned over a bit, resting his head on my shoulder.

My internal alarm bells were suddenly going off like crazy.

He was so warm, he smelled so good and as his soft dark hair tickled my cheek at the same time a barrage of butterflies fluttered to life inside me.

Oh no.

I should not be feeling like this around him.

"See that guy?" Tristan said, pointing to a guy at the far end of the room. He was so skinny his legs looked like two chopsticks from where I was sitting, watching as he was taking his shorts off. His friends were crowding around him and pouring beer over his head.

"Yeah? What about him?" I asked, trying to ignore the disturbance inside me.

Tristan laughed, "His mate's gonna show up in a few seconds, watch."

Chopsticks was in the middle of taking his boxers off by now and I grimaced.

I really don't wanna see some random drunk guys dick but as Tristan predicted, the crowd parted and a really buff guy with a ponytail grabbed Chopsticks by the ear and started dragging him towards the door, kicking and screaming like he was insane.