𖦷 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𖦷

christmas shopping

age: 9
mom: scarlett
dad: colin

-

SCARLETT'S POV
The temperature this morning was cold, very cold and we had a lot of plans to do today, so i made sure to pick out a warm outfit, with my scarf, boots, gloves and hat and then doing the same with Y/n's clothes whilst she was still sleeping, Colin had already gotten changed and was de-frosting the car.

Once i had woken Y/n up, she complained about the coldness for about ten minutes before coming over to me and getting dressed, then taking a blanket from my bed and wrapping herself inside of it.

Then i got myself dressed whilst Y/n sat on my bed staring at the wall, completely zoned out, i lifted her into my arms when i was done and carried her downstairs for a quick breakfast, we had to go to the town today to do some Christmas shopping for people.

"Want some?" Colin asked as his own toast popped, Y/n nodded her head and i took some juice out the fridge and set Y/n down on the chair.

Y/n happily ate her toast and made me a list of what she wanted to get when we were out and what friends she wanted to buy for and obviously a little treat for herself, also any ideas of presents for any relatives.

"Okay, who are we buying for?" I ask bending down beside the table and looking at Y/n's list, she slides it over to me and starts to read out the friends she wants to buy for.

"Alright, that's a good list, you're so kind baby" I say kissing her cheek, she giggles and jumps down from her chair and goes to sit on the stairs whilst she puts her shoes on before calling me over to tie them for her.

I smirk at Colin who's cleaning away our dishes before i walk over to Y/n, kneeling down and tying her shoe laces for her.

"Can we go now mama!" She asks me jumping up and down, i nod my head taking my jacket off the hook and slipping my shoes on, taking Y/n's hand and waiting for Colin who slips his jacket on and nods his head.

"Let's go" Colin announces, ruffling Y/n hair, she giggles and skips out the house, running down to the car, sliding down the drive almost on the ice making me gasp but she grabs onto the door handle and looks at me with a face of panic.

"No more running please" I say raising my eyebrow and open the car, Y/n nods her head and jumps into the back of the car, sitting in the middle seat.

After Colin locks up the house, he jumps into the car beside me and once we're all secured in, i start the car and start driving to town.

"Mama, where are we going for Christmas?" Y/n asks me, i look in the mirror and see her small face all confused and curious which makes me smile.

"Well baby, you'll have to ask daddy, it's his turn this year" I say, me and Colin like to take turns on where we end up for Christmas, as usually i want to go to my mom's and he wants to go to his moms and this year it's his turn to decide where we head.

"Dada, where are we going" Y/n asks now looking over at her dad who was already turned around to speak to her.

"Well, me and mama are going to be in the house by the fire and you're gonna be in the shed outside" He jokes, Y/n burst into a fit of giggles and shakes her head telling him that he was silly.

"Of course honey i'm only playing, Uncle Casey invited us this year so we're going to stay with him and Lisa" Colin says, Y/n agrees and sits back in her seat, picking up her pop it toy beside her and playing with that whilst i drive.

"Alrighty, here we are, let's go do some Christmas shopping!" I exclaim excitedly, my girl cheers as she rushes to get out the car and runs around to my side with her hand held out already making me laugh.

"Grab daddy's hand" I say taking her hand in mine and pointing to Colin who has his hand stretched out too, she giggles and takes his, jumping along the pavement as we walk.

I go to the store i think will be most useful first as we're excited now and if we went later we'd all be bored and grouchy, Y/n hated shopping in general so i don't know if because it's Christmas she'll be happier or just the same.

"What would Holly like?" I ask Y/n, she hums and sways her head before reaching up for a cute puppy dog plushie.

"She's loves puppy's" Y/n speaks tugging my hand, i nod my head and hold the basket out, she smiled and placed it inside, Colin then brings her over to look for other stuff whilst i walk around the store wondering what i should get for Y/n, i obviously wouldn't be buying it today but to keep in mind.

"Mama! Look, Tessa will love this!" Y/n shouts running over to me and holding up a pencil case with a pretty design on it, i smile and let her out it in the basket again, she cheers and wraps her arms around my waist as i rub her back and pat her head.

We do more shopping in this one store and find a lot of things for Y/n's friends, her list of buying for people was checked off and she was very happy with her purchases, but now that what Y/n wanted was up, she was now back to her grouchy shopping mood.

"Can you behave please, we have what you want, now mommy and daddy need to get what they want" I warn Y/n before she can start stropping and sulking, she just lets out a sigh and turns to Colin with her arms in the air.

He shakes his head and lifts her up onto his front, she wraps her arms around his neck and lays her head on his shoulder, he kisses her head and takes my hand as we walk to our next store, and the next and the next.

"Mama this is boring!" Y/n shouts as i'm looking through candles, i sigh and turn to Y/n who's looking at me with an angry face.

"Look, you got what you wanted for your friends Y/n, now be patient please, we aren't just here for you" I scold gently, Y/n huffs and hides her face back in my husbands neck making him chuckle, i just roll my eyes and get back to looking.

Y/n was in a bit of a grumpy mood for the next hour or so, so i knew that i'd be able to cheer her up with her restaurant.

"Baby, do you wanna go eat?" I ask tickling her cheek as she hid herself back in Colin's chest, she looks up at me and ask if we can go to her restaurant and i instantly agree to which she squeals too, leaning out of Colin's arms and over to mine.

Colin takes the bags from me and i lift my daughter into my arms, holding her tightly as she wraps her arms tightly around me, Colin shakes his arms slightly and smiles, kissing my forehead and placed his hand on my lower back as we walk to get some food in us.

-

i went Christmas shopping with my friends today but it was a bit of a fail, today was supposed to be such a good day and it turned out pretty shitty, but oh well, gonna go back after school and go on the ferris wheel with my other friend 🫶🏻