04 ☆ bound by contract

๑ MOTHER DID NOTMAKE ME USELESS

MOTHER DID NOT
MAKE ME USELESS.

bound by contract chapter 04

"Your net worth," He replies hastily, licking his lips briefly

"Your net worth," He replies hastily, licking his lips briefly. "I know what you want, Ms. Kwon. I want it too."

What?

"Money."

He sees right through me, but it's not to tease–he meant what he said. I scoff although it's the truth, crossing my arms. "Do you think so lowly of me? To only care for money?"

"I couldn't care less of my opinion of you–in fact, I don't have one. I just know the title you hold, and how much you're worth," Mr. Kang clears his throat. "I need money, you do too. I can pay you exactly your net worth, Ms. Kwon, nothing less. If you do an even better job, I can pay you more."

Before I can say anything, rejection or not, he adds, "We're only bound by a small contract. Think of this as a trial period. If you make a good impression, I'll contact you again. If I make a good impression on you, you can come in anytime."

"Why would I come in to see you?" I narrow my eyes at the black-haired executive, staring as dark as his strands. "If you make a good impression, I'll wear your clothing more often."

"Sounds like a good deal to me," He places another business card in my hands, and as I read it, it's his personal one. It has all his contact information, even his personal numbers, and on the back, all the addresses of notability. I widen my eyes, turning it over again to look at the amount of information, before letting it sit in the palm of my hands. "I'll take your prior decline as void. Think about it for now, and contact my secretary–who's on my company's business card–for us to set up a time to talk about it if you accept."

I bow briefly, trying to be polite after his ego hit me in the face. "I'll consider."

"That's great to hear. Have yourself a nice night, Ms. Kwon," He doesn't smile or give me any expression. His lips remain straight, his hands straightening his tuxedo before leaving my dressing room. Another image engraves itself in my head, one that's filled with the mysterious appearance of an executive. I take a seat at the mirror, taking another sip of my wine. No matter how bitter it is in my mouth,