31 ☆ a silver butterfly

๑ I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTANDHOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT

I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND
HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT.

a silver butterfly chapter 31

a silver butterfly ✧ chapter 31

"Hello, Ms. Kwon!" I lift my head as the elevator doors open, watching as Sorin smiles. I giggle and quickly link arms with her, ignoring everyone else. Although the welcoming of all his workers was quite the event, I didn't want to boost Taehyun's ego too much.

Oh, I shouldn't call him that.

I mean, my boyfriend.

"So," Sorin nudges me, wearing that knowing expression. "How did it go yesterday? I kept calling, but you never replied. Are you betraying me now?!"

"No, of course not!" I defend, patting her arm softly with my free hand. "How could I ever betray you, Sorin? We were just... out all night."

Oh, that did not come out right. In fact, I even think Sorin had to think twice before forming an answer because to be honest, that could mean a lot more than just being on the beach and talking for hours. "As in, like, being together?" Sorin then wiggles her eyebrows, tightening her grip around me. "Or something... more unvirtuous than that?"

"No!" I deny immediately, stopping in place. "We're... dating, Sorin. He asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday night, and we've just been inseparable, that's all."

"Oh my god!" She squeals, celebrating in place. "No way. Is that why you came in today? So that you could see him? Aw, Sora, that's so cute! Look at the two of you supporting each other. I can't believe it–my best friend and boss are together."

I roll my eyes. "Hey, don't go telling anyone yet except everyone in this vicinity, okay? I think you know what I'm going to say, but Taehyun and I both–"

"Want to keep it lowkey. Got it," Sorin nods eagerly, seemingly obliging. However, that smug grin on her face tells me that she has someone else she oh, so desires she wants to tell. We continue our walk down the hall to Taehyun's office, and I start to feel nervous. I mean, I'm his girlfriend. He's my boyfriend. What's so insane about that? Why are my legs feeling a little wobbly? "Nervous, Sora? I can tell that you're starting to sweat thinking about seeing CEO Kang."