18 ☆ motherly love

๑ YOU SHOULDN'T WALK INTO MY LIFETHINKING I WAS A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS

YOU SHOULDN'T WALK INTO MY LIFE
THINKING I WAS A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.

motherly love chapter 18

"Her fingertips are moving

"Her fingertips are moving. She's about to wake up," I wince at the light before me, eventually adjusting to the bright white room. I look around, only seeing a nurse, Sorin, and Mr. Choi. I groan, trying to sit up, but everyone pushes me down. "Try to avoid too much work right now, Ms. Kwon. I currently have you on an IV. Tell me, have you eaten anything recently?"

"Just... small things," I hesitate, the nurse writing it down.

"Sleep?"

"A usual six hours."

"You'll have to sleep a little more from now and eat a lot more until you've made a full recovery," She taps her pen on the paper, irking me. "Due to a lack of sleep and nutrients, you're a little sick. Thanks to overworking yourself, your body has to find a way to get the things it desires, and eventually, causes you to pass out."

"Okay, I'll take better care of myself," I nod. She fixes my IV one last time before leaving, closing the door behind her. I look to my left, seeing them still standing. "Why are both of you here? Specifically you, Mr. Choi."

"Unfortunately, you fell in my arms. I had to make sure that you weren't going to be a liability," He jokes, but nobody laughs. "I also care enough to stay. We're acquaintances."

"Strangers," I correct. I turn to Sorin in an attempt to end that conversation. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Three hours," Sorin looks at her watch. "I rushed over here the moment they called me. A little friend of ours tried to ask me what happened to you, but I kept it a secret."

Taehyun, I presume. I nod slowly, clearing my throat. If they called Sorin, then they must've called... no, I hope not. "Is anyone else coming?"

"Your mother, and–"

"My mother?!" I interrupt, widening my eyes. Shit, shit, shit! I've got to get out of here. I'll just hire a private doctor for all I care. I can't have her pretend she's kind in front of them, have her baby me for the act, and then trash me later when they're gone. I've been avoiding the backlash for now, and I won't take it now. I grab the bandage over my IV and rip it off, pulling the needles out of my skin. Sorin screams and Mr. Choi tries to grab me, but I push him off. "I'm not manic, calm down. I can't be here, though. If my mother comes, she'll kill me."