23 ☆ you, the shining star

๑ USE ME HOWEVERYOU'D LIKE, SORA

USE ME HOWEVER
YOU'D LIKE, SORA.

you, the shining star chapter 23

My phone rings every second, but I ignore it

My phone rings every second, but I ignore it. I wear my sunglasses proudly and high, grabbing the handle of the Japanese restaurant and walking in. I walk past the crowd of people in my white pumps, making my way to the hostess counter. "Hello, do you have a reservation?" Instead of saying my name, I pass her a card, making her widen her eyes. "Oh, I see! You're with Miss Zhang. Please, follow me."

And here I am, ended up in an outing with the one woman who technically hates my guts. Of course, the torment of them in the same frame wasn't enough, and she had to call me out to make it worse. I don't know how much she knows–and to be frank, I don't think I want to. The hostess opens the doors to the private room, and I see the ginger-haired girl waiting for me. "Enjoy your lunch," She closes the door behind me, allowing me to take off my shoes and take a seat on the pillow under me.

I take off my sunglasses and Yanxi lifts her head. "It's nice to see you again, Sora."

"Don't be so casual with me," I comment. "We both know what we're here for and what the issue is. Let me ask you something: Did you always have the impression that you were superior to me? Did you always have the intention to betray me?"

"Yes," She doesn't bother hesitating, eyes feline-like and sly. She grabs the tea cup and takes a sip, purposely irking me. "I don't like you. Maybe at first, but after that, I never did. You piss me off."

I look down at my teacup, seeing it empty. Tightening my jaw, I'm in disbelief. "I thought we were closer than that."

"We were never close," She replies hastily. "Get that into your head."

"I get it now, don't worry. After that purposeful scandal you tried to create for yourself, I figured that you wanted to be the star, just like I said at Taehyun's show," She purses her lips, silent. "I know that he'd choose you over me. I know that putting yourself in this position is supposed to scare me into giving him up–but I'm not."

"Then maybe I should triple the damage," Yanxi laughs. "If I'm not scaring you, I'll have to throw you in the gutter. I'm not going to share him with you."