09 ☆ take a step back

๑ YOU ARE ACTING JUST LIKE THE PERSON EVERYONE SAYS YOU ARE

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

YOU ARE ACTING JUST LIKE
THE PERSON EVERYONE SAYS YOU ARE.

take a step back chapter 09

I close the door behind me, hearing Sorin's soft snores

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I close the door behind me, hearing Sorin's soft snores. She passed out drunk, and thankfully, with a little bit of help, before she slept soundly, I found her apartment. Now, surrounded by the items and appeal of a middle-class girl, my eyes wander. I take a step forward, looking at the small basket of fruit on her dining table. I pick up the apple, blemishes of dark spots and dots along its skin. I put it down and grab the pear, the same discoloration, and patches on it as well.

I look at her walls, painted in uneven white with uneven markings. My hands fiddle with each other, thoughts succumbing to something that only a wealthy woman would say, and suppressing it deep within. I didn't want to say things that I'd eventually regret thinking, especially if I was the one intruding on someone else's life. I may be stuck-up, I admit, but I don't think I'd be that ignorant.

Oh, that reminds me, oddly, that I need to make sure she gets up early tomorrow. We have a meeting with our demanding boss, so that means despite her getting drunk, she'll have to suffer. She must have hangover medicine somewhere in here, right?

I rummage through the tiny kitchen, searching for even a packet of tea or even a sign of something to consume, but nothing can be found. Finally, I check the fridge, opening it to find some items to make tea with. Setting it on Sorin's dining table, I go back to close the refrigerator, stopping at the sight of a family photo. It looks like Sorin with her mom, dad, and older brother, her toothless, wide smile creating a grin on my face.

Sorin was quite cute. As I place it in my hands, it reminds me of what it was like to be a child. She acted like someone I could get close to, and upon closer inspection of the photo, looked like someone I'd have a liking for. But, I realize it all too quickly–placing the picture back on the magnet, I'm caught by my feelings.

I was trying to make a friend out of Sorin, forgetting this was the first time we'd ever bonded. I guess the loneliness took over for a moment. I scoff at myself in the faint vision of her kitchen window, shaking my head. "There you go again, Sora, making something out of nothing," I reprimand, huffing. "You're still hung up, aren't you? It's okay, you have Yanxi... hopefully."