15 ☆ a pair of louboutins

๑ HE WAS NICE TOEVERYONE, NOT JUST ME

HE WAS NICE TO
EVERYONE, NOT JUST ME.

a pair of louboutins chapter 15

"Okay, stand up," I oblige, admiring myself in the sage green dress

"Okay, stand up," I oblige, admiring myself in the sage green dress. It's an image unforgettable– engraved in my head to perceive my looks in a way no other outfit could. "You might feel me pinching you. If you do, let me know."

"Okay," I whisper, sitting still. She fiddles with my dress for a moment, eventually standing straight and smiling. "Looks good."

"Only because of you. How are you feeling?" Sorin says, passing me some water. I down half the cup in an instant, wiping my lips after. "You're sick, right? I'm going to assume not in the best shape. You look like you're sleep deficient, and you haven't had a proper meal in days."

"I had that two days ago, and, you're right, I didn't get much sleep," I look at myself in the mirror, internally tearing up myself for letting my emotions get the best of me before a show. "But, I assume that it'll give more motive and depth to the outfit, right?"

"In your case, you look beautiful, no matter what happens to you," She complains, shaking her head. "It's good you're gorgeous. Some of us would kill to be this magnificent."

"It took me decades to master," I reply. "Anyway, let me put on those heels."

Sorin and I quickly help each other, strapping myself into what were my battle sneakers. Today was the day I was going to be Taedu's top model, the face of the clothing drop. All the models that passed by were in skinny, thin clothing, with little details of butterflies and flowers, but I was wearing what I assumed was the best gown besides Yanxi. I shake my sweaty palms, sighing. "I'm not usually this scared," I laugh awkwardly, making Sorin stand straight. "Maybe because this is the first time I'm modeling for you guys."

"Psh, as if," Sorin pushes up her glasses, inspecting my mermaid-shaped dress. "You're nervous because CEO Kang is watching you."

She crouches down and fluffs the hem of the dress, pushing the ruffles closer to her. "And, I saw you guys in the rain last night. Do you think any man would do that for a woman?"