40 ☆ the forget-me-not

๑ YOU'RE MADEWITH LOVE

YOU'RE MADE
WITH LOVE.

the forget-me-not chapter 40

I look between Taehyun and his mother, pointing out similarities in my head

I look between Taehyun and his mother, pointing out similarities in my head. He's got deepset eyes, and so does she. He's got medium-sized lips with a pale color, and so does she. They're almost like carbon copies of each other, and it nerves me that I can't point it out to him. So, I hold my silence and wait for a time to speak–even if it never comes.

Yeonjun's next to me, and I can sense him looking my way, hoping to catch my stare. I know that the eye-contact exchanged between us would be too obvious to Mrs. Kang that we're nervous, so I don't look over. I didn't want to show her that I feared her words nor that damned stare she had on her face, although it truly did. My heart races, and I know that if she suddenly looked my way, I'd call her paranormal.

"Mother," Taehyun spares her no glance, staring at the untouched glass of water on her side of the table. The silver around her neck that protrudes to the light and glass mark a glittering shadow on the wooden surface, and he flickers to that instead. "You never told me you were coming by–nor have you spoken since we came in here. What do you want?"

"I came to check on you," Her honesty is faceted, fragmented by her tone, and I almost wince at hearing it. She didn't mean that, did she? "After all, the industry can be cruel–but they don't quite know your face and physique like I do."

Taehyun swallows, hands in sight, but they're tied together. "Well–"

"But I suppose that was the point, am I right? To go as far as to get Mr. Choi to get involved and to consistently know how to conceal yourself out in public..." She interrupts, looking between us. "I should ask you, is it worth it?"

Taehyun furrows his eyebrows. "What?"

"Is she worth it? Getting your hands dirty knowing that these trivialities are temporary? Do you think she'll still stay by your side after facing me?" What? Of course, I will, stupid. She laughs for a moment, cutting herself off slowly. "I suppose your father already met her. He approves?"