27 ☆ you're losing me

๑ CAN I HAVEA HUG?

CAN I HAVE
A HUG?

you're losing me chapter 27

I stand by the Han River, staring at its beauty

I stand by the Han River, staring at its beauty. Yeonjun stands behind me, silence overbearing us. My hands tighten on the cold railings, unable to say anything. If I decided to open my mouth, the only thing that would come out was tears, and I didn't want to be vulnerable in front of another person. "Is your cheek okay?" He begins, and I almost think his hand is reaching out to me, but I don't bother turning around. "I guess Yanxi has eyes everywhere."

"I'm okay," I ignore his last sentence, swallowing the knot in my throat. "After all, I should've been prepared for it. We're all big business people, anyway. We have to start somewhere, right?"

"Yes, but–" A phone disrupts us, and as I pull it out to read the name, I have no choice but to accept.

"Mother," I curtly say.

"Come to the house this instant."

And she ends the call, giving me no choice. I grumble as I stick the device back in my purse, pressing my sunglasses higher up the bridge of my nose. I turn to Yeonjun, finally feeling my heart drop to the pit of my stomach. "Mind giving me a drive?"

Wordless, he drops me off at my mother's mansion, the emptiness of her heart fogging the area. I close the gate behind me and I hear Yeonjun's car drive away, leaving me to face the devil. I walk up and open the door with my key, locking it behind me and hearing pure silence. It's not long before I hear her walking down the stairs, greeting me with an unhappy grimace. Before I could say anything else, she slaps me in the place Yanxi had just bruised, enforcing the strong sting. Of course, by the sound, I could tell Mother hit me harder.

"Have you finally lost your mind?" She screeches like a seagull, hands flailing in the air. "A scandal? With another man than that CEO I met? Do you have any care for your public image now, or have you given up your image altogether?"

"You know what I hate about modeling, mother?" I ignore her words, staring right into her eyes. "Is that every time I get on that fucking runway, I'm reminded of the fact that I'm a product of you. I'm like your clone."