32 ☆ we can't be friends

๑ YOU'RE THE ONLY ONEI'LL EVER LOSE TO

YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE
I'LL EVER LOSE TO.

we can't be friends chapter 32

Gosh, they've been talking in Taehyun's office for an hour! What else could they be talking about besides business? Fast food? Being a man? Me, perhaps? God, I hope it isn't me

Gosh, they've been talking in Taehyun's office for an hour! What else could they be talking about besides business? Fast food? Being a man? Me, perhaps? God, I hope it isn't me. Knowing my boyfriend's protective tendencies and Yeonjun's cockiness, I fear that a war may begin. "Sora," One of them called out to me, causing me to turn their way. "Are you okay? Do you need anything to drink?"

"No, I'm okay, thank you," The girl nods slowly, turning her back. I quickly look back to the door, getting an idea. Quickly grabbing her wrist, she's startled by my touch. "So sorry, but I need a favor from you–super quick. Could you ask them if they want anything to drink?"

She furrows her eyebrows. "But, I did alr–"

"Please ask again," I swiftly pull her toward the door, beckoning toward it. She gives me a bewildered look. But, aware of what I'm trying to do once she hears soft murmurs, she nods slowly, turning back to the door. Quickly, she knocks, and with a brief word of approval, she opens the door wide.

"Mr. Kang, Mr. Choi. Do either of you need refills on your drinks?"

"I would love one, thank you," I kick my foot out to keep the door open, pressing my hand to my mouth. She grabs the drinks from the table, giving me a brief glance. "Anyway, Taehyun, this is what I want. You've wanted friendly competition since you were young, and I think that it's finally time to tell you that I'm up for it."

"You've always been up for it, Yeonjun hyung," Taehyun frowns, wearing a weary look. "Are you really going to give it all away... for the sake of Sora, hyung? Is it really worth it in your eyes?"

"It is," Yeonjun clears his throat, looking at the glass table. "Maybe she's my excuse to finally retire from making clothing–so that I can step back and just live a normal life, but..."

She exits and I have no choice but to let the door close. Before it completely closes, I hear Yeonjun say: "That's why I'm giving you this challenge–so that if I win, I–"