07 ☆ the good thing about you

๑ I'M ONYOUR SIDE

I'M ON
YOUR SIDE.

the good thing about you chapter 07

At my desk (given to me by the oh-so-lovely CEO Kang,) I type away my name on my phone

At my desk (given to me by the oh-so-lovely CEO Kang,) I type away my name on my phone. I face the open area to avoid any lingering eyes, narrowing my pair of pupils as a few designers walk by. Finally focusing on the screen in front of me, I read parts of the article that Taedu had written for me.

"...We are protecting our exclusive model from all hate..." "All allegations of bullying, harassment, and assault are false on our side..." "Please make sure to understand the situation before making illusive comments..."

Huh. They're acting as if they're my company. I was kind of relieved–for the first time, I didn't have to defend myself. I didn't have to write articles and get bashed for the nth time, nor did I have to rely on interviews about my perspective to be my savior. My saving grace was a designing company, and even better, one that barely ever comments on their models. Most will kick them out without a word, telling social media that it will be bad for their brand. I must've done a number on CEO Kang to get him to defend me.

Do you think he likes me? No way, right?

No. Gosh, Sora, you're going to be all up in your feelings again?! He barely even knows you.

But, it was quite a selfless act. For a moment, he put his business priorities aside and helped you. Is he only doing this to protect his image, or yours?

I begin to kick my feet at the pure thought of an executive falling for me, a model. Even better, if it was someone rude, harsh, and cold-hearted but soft for the girl he likes. Like a romance book, CEO Kang does give off that vibe! I begin to giggle, placing my hand to my mouth in a fit of excitement. As I spin in my chair, the thought consumes me, all until–

A strong hand disrupts the flow of my chair, placing me right in front of their leather shoes. "Sora," CEO Kang deadpans, pursing his lips at my behavior. "Are you busy?"

"Hm?" I stammer, blinking softly before awkwardly laughing. "No, I'm not. Your designers are busy doing some designing, so I was told to–"

"Then, let's go somewhere," Taehyun leans back, straightening his posture. "Since you'll be a model for our 'fast fashion' drop, I need you to embody the topic at hand."